Idiots on the road

Snow! I only wish it would be snow for the stupid drivers to come out here. I grew up in Missouri where we would have snow, ice, snow, ice on top of one another, so I have some experience driving in that. I worked for a propane company as a service tech for 6 years and had to get out no matter what the weather was.

Then I move to Little Rock and if it sprinkles, people are driving like there is 6" of snow on the ground. Mind you we don't get close to the snow like you get in the Northeast, but come on. My everyday driver is a 2wd truck, if it gets bad I throw in the sandbags, never bin stuck, or off the road, just have to be smart and confident in you driving.

Case in point, Tuesday we had about an 1/8" of ice on the roads, I live 11 miles from work and took me 20 minutes to get here. Out of the 30 employees we have 3 showed up, said it was too icy to come in.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, idiots every where. Two days ago we had freezing rain and the roads sucked. My T/C light kept comming on as I was loosing traction. I was going 35 in a 55 and this stupid chick in a Saturn passes me in a corner while my traction controll was kicking on again. When she went to go back in the lane after getting pastthe van in front of me she spun out and landed in a ditch.

People suck :notnice:

Here in Seattle we don't get much snow, but when we do people just lose their minds.

Last night I was getting on the freeway. The on-ramp there is three lanes: one HOV lane and two regular lanes, all of which feed into a dedicated lane that becomes "exit only" at the next exit, so no merge is required with freeway traffic. In addition to the "exit only" lane, I-5 has three regular lanes and an HOV lane, for a total of five lanes bordered by a concrete wall on the right and a concrete Jersey barrier on the left. In front of me was a late-model 2wd Silverado, then some little compact car and in front was a propane truck. The guy in the Silverado decided that he was going to hit the right lane and pass the car and the propane truck on the on-ramp. Not a good idea. My lane was clear but the right lane was six to twelve inches deep in slush and goo piled up against the wall on the right. When he got next to the propane truck, he lost it BIG TIME. I watched as he wobbled back and forth a couple to times, made a hard left in front of the propane truck, shot across five lanes of traffic, spun around and ended up facing the wrong direction in the HOV lane on the left side of the freeway. As he crossed I-5 there was a Subaru Outback in the right-center lane that missed him by probably 15 feet. The SEMI(!!) in the center lane couldn't have missed t-boning him by more than five feet. The semi driver actually had to pull off to calm down and as I passed him he looked like he had just messed himself. In all of that, the idiot in the Silverado didn't actually hit anything! He missed the right wall, all of the other drivers managed to avoid collecting him and he came to a stop perfectly centered in the HOV lane pointing the wrong way. Personally, I think the guy deserved to smack the wall hard. As it is, he's probably in his local tavern laughing about what a great driver he is.

People are just freakin' STOOOPID!!!

:lol:

This was my commute a week or so ago. (minus the backhoe)

_45296151_icestormap466.jpg

I wish I had the backhoe to drive to work in. Dig my way out and push 'em out of the way!!!!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• _45296151_icestormap466.jpg
    _45296151_icestormap466.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 61
Well, got some snow last night. So i was out having some fun in it today! My G35x is pretty damn awesome in the snow! I was driving up snow-covered hills at 30* angles or more with no prob!

Attachments

• DSC00184.jpg
    DSC00184.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00181.jpg
    DSC00181.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 222
Yup, I know exactly what you mean. I've been having a blast cruising around in the storm in CT the past couple days and can't wait till we get more tomorrow. I've always liked the saying, "people who think they know everything annoy those of us that do".

I suck at driving in the snow. I learned to drive in FL. I hate driving around up here in NY. I drive slow and very very carefully when snow is on the road. My tank of a 1990 GMC Suburban would really do some damage if I hit another car. I don't want that on my conscience.

Chris

we don't have to worry about those kinda people here in so. cal. yes we do get snow and when it comes a little or alot, they just close the highways. the 3 major freways to get in or out of here (I5,sr14,and I15 )were shut down for 18 t0 24 hours. last wednesday, and if you were there when they closed that's where you stayed.
" STORMWATCH 2008" it's a major deal when we get a few raindrops lol

I just found one of these road idiots.

Young chick in a camry. It's a snowstorm. The road is completely white and slick, visibility is poor and she proceeds to drive 3 feet off my rear bumper while we do 10-15MPH down a straight road. She's also on the cell phone.

So when we had a little extra room and in a safe place, i brake-checked her. She locked them up and slid sideways a bit. Nothing bad, but enough to scare her. Sure it was stupid, but i was trying to gesture her for about a mile to back off and she kept riding my ass.

Then she swears at me for 5 mins at the next light. I let her pass me up the road, and then she flies up and rides 3 feet off the guy in front of her. So he brake-checked her too and she slid sideways again trying to stop.

I just found one of these road idiots.

Young chick in a camry. It's a snowstorm. The road is completely white and slick, visibility is poor and she proceeds to drive 3 feet off my rear bumper while we do 10-15MPH down a straight road. She's also on the cell phone.

So when we had a little extra room and in a safe place, i brake-checked her. She locked them up and slid sideways a bit. Nothing bad, but enough to scare her. Sure it was stupid, but i was trying to gesture her for about a mile to back off and she kept riding my ass.

Then she swears at me for 5 mins at the next light. I let her pass me up the road, and then she flies up and rides 3 feet off the guy in front of her. So he brake-checked her too and she slid sideways again trying to stop.

That's cool. If I saw her doing that to others and then she got on my bumper, I'd "brake-tag" her. I drive a 1990 GMC Suburban, as mentioned, with a tow hitch. She can tag my back end and it will only destroy her front fascia. The fault would be hers, and then she'd have a nice memorable lesson that might last in her memory for a week or two.

Chris

The roads were pretty bad Firday after I left work. 25 mile trip took an hour and a half. Probably averaged 20-30 mph tops even on the highway.

My truck did amazingly well though. Not so much in getting me places, I expected that, but with stopping. Never even had the antilocks kick in, which surprised me. My Audi does all the time in the snow, my Jeep GC limited used to be good, but would have them kick on every once in a while, the F250 went through everything fine (mostly in 2wd) and stopped great!

I'm glad I don't live where is snows. If I did, I would probably be one of the "Idiots" since I have seen snow about 5 times in my life...