If you removed your dogbone... Get in here!!!

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
I have been thinking about this and I may be able to finally determine why some remove thier dogbone and others don't... But I need your help...

So what I am looking for is what gear ratio the car came with, steel or aluminum driveshaft, new gear ratio, and if you have any speed related vibration or not.

It will also be helpful if you state if you had vibration after the gears but before removing the dogbone.

I'll start: 2:73 to 3:73, steel driveshaft, vibration right now but haven't removed the dogbone yet.

Thanks in Advance guys.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Jack's95gt said:
After you remove your dogbone, you will need a couple of bolts to hold on the rubber bumper thingie on the top of your rear. Mine wieghted ten pounds. I never missed it after it was gone.

i think when i took it off...i took the whole thing off? What would happen if i did this?

TrueBlue95GT said:
2.73's to 4.10's...no vibration before or after and mine weighed 9.2 lbs. I kept the pinion snubber on with two bolts.

The pinion snubber is actually the part mounted on the body of the car. It will just hit the rear end if your car bottoms out, instead of the top bracket for the dogbone.

This is how it normally is done on other car's setups -- I don't know why it is done differently on Mustangs. Regardless, it's not an issue unless you bottom out the car, and if you do, I don't see any problems with the snubber or the rear. :nice:

i always thought the dogbone was tuned for stock gear frequencies. once gears go in, it might not work too hot anyhow. :shrug:

that said, i would not remove it myself.

Well i remeoved the dogbone and the vibration (sound mostly) got better but is not gone at 75+mph still.

What else (besides D/S as I'll be checking this soon) could cause this?

Chris