It's official!! Chepie's going in for a new top!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the "Bump"!!

Am going up Thursday to look at the car. Taking longer than expected, but he is moving the shop and does dealer work, so my car is being done at his pace. I'm not rushing him, but have indicated I'm ready to do other work, and want it back soon. I'll post pics!!

As for my women, Deanna is my daughter, so I keep carefull track of her! 'Chelle keeps track of me, so I don't stray to far down the gutter! (actually starting to data again! Feels good, re-discovering the feel of a woman!!;) )

Neat about the KR! Did you know the KR's were the only 428CJ "R" codes offered with factory A/C? As for SAAC, come visit me the year at SAAC 28 in Nashville! I'll be working tech and running the popular ballot car show, maybe doing some concours judging too!!

• Sponsors (?)

Re: Thanks for the "Bump"!!

Originally posted by chepsk8
As for my women, Deanna is my daughter, so I keep carefull track of her! 'Chelle keeps track of me, so I don't stray to far down the gutter! (actually starting to data again! Feels good, re-discovering the feel of a woman!!;) )

Dating......ummmm, what's that..???:scratch:

What with my health problems etal., these past three years I haven't gotten out maybe two or three times....and then I think those were "sympathy" dates....:(

I'm hoping now that I'm back to work, active at the FD again and back on my own that my prospects will pick up soon.......:shrug:

Re: Thanks for the "Bump"!!

Am going up Thursday to look at the car. Taking longer than expected, but he is moving the shop and does dealer work, so my car is being done at his pace.

That's actually cool... he's not rushing and more likely to get it RIGHT,

Neat about the KR! Did you know the KR's were the only 428CJ "R" codes offered with factory A/C? As for SAAC, come visit me the year at SAAC 28 in Nashville! I'll be working tech and running the popular ballot car show, maybe doing some concours judging too!!

Okay, if the KR's were the only R codes with A/C, and (according to the sign I posted with all the other pics) there were only 46 Fastbacks, how many A/C'd verts were there?

Our local KR does NOT have A/C, as she came from your side of the country (Providence, I believe).

Who cares, she's just beautiful. I don't know how she'd do in concours...never restored. Little crinkles in the paint on the fiberglass panels, stone chips from over the years..... But, she is all original!

:nonono: LUST! It's LUST I tell you!:nonono:

Still Dreamin'

Re: Re: Thanks for the "Bump"!!

Originally posted by 65stanger

I'm hoping now that I'm back to work, active at the FD again and back on my own that my prospects will pick up soon.......:shrug:

I don't envy you guys at all. Going on 20 years of marriage; I wouldn't even want to TRY the dating game anymore....let alone know HOW to date anymore!:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

:nonono: Besides, now I'm fantasizing and lusting over another man's 35 year old car! How sick is that? :nonono:

Still Dreamin'

Sick, sick, sick.....

Just don't be rubbing against it in any sort of suggestive manner. and if you start having 'those" dreams about the car, might we suggest professional help!!!!

If the KR is that original, it is worth more untouched! SAAC does have a place and class for these survivors, and likes to see the cars untouched, dirty, chipped, and faded. it's the originality which counts! the two most original cars I've seen are a 68 GT-500 convertible in our club i brokered the deal on. It has 7400 (yes, 7400) ORIGINAL miles, never touched, and looks good! Even runs!!! Original tires, underhood, everything. Unbeleivable! Other nifty car is Lynn Park's 1963 Cobra 289 roadster i saw at SAAC 27 in California. Faded, original pale yellow paint, unrestored, dirty, leaking anti=freeze, but all there. Hilarious thing is 35 years of registration stickers on the original lisence plate, over 1/4" thick!!!

Re: Re: Thanks for the "Bump"!!

What with my health problems etal., these past three years I haven't gotten out maybe two or three times....and then I think those were "sympathy" dates....:(

The dating scene is most definatley a scary place. especially after 6 years of being out of the loop, and besides the ladies seem to think I'm a little nutty :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Thanks for the "Bump"!!

Originally posted by StangDreamin'
:nonono: Besides, now I'm fantasizing and lusting over another man's 35 year old car! How sick is that? :nonono:

Still Dreamin'

As long as you don't start fingering their weep holes...........see GBMs sig...

Originally posted by steelhorse
The dating scene is most definatley a scary place. especially after 6 years of being out of the loop, and besides the ladies seem to think I'm a little nutty

Hmmmmm.....and I thought I had it bad..!!!:nonono: Poor women out there have to worry about the horny peanuts and rabid half-baked toe-humping cookies running loose........:eek:

Re: Sick, sick, sick.....

Just don't be rubbing against it in any sort of suggestive manner. and if you start having 'those" dreams about the car, might we suggest professional help!!!!

If the KR is that original, it is worth more untouched! SAAC does have a place and class for these survivors, and likes to see the cars untouched, dirty, chipped, and faded. it's the originality which counts! the two most original cars I've seen are a 68 GT-500 convertible in our club i brokered the deal on. It has 7400 (yes, 7400) ORIGINAL miles, never touched, and looks good! Even runs!!! Original tires, underhood, everything. Unbeleivable! Other nifty car is Lynn Park's 1963 Cobra 289 roadster i saw at SAAC 27 in California. Faded, original pale yellow paint, unrestored, dirty, leaking anti=freeze, but all there. Hilarious thing is 35 years of registration stickers on the original lisence plate, over 1/4" thick!!!

Your first 'graph makes me think you have some idea I'm as bad off as the toe-humping cookie-boy!

;) Okay, maybe about this car!

As far as the originality goes, she DID get a valve job a couple years ago! Other than that......

Oh yeah, some Mensa candidate somewhere in our local PD came up with the ingenous plan with ticketing any of the drivers for power display if they laid a little rubber down during last year's Friday night parade. If I remember correctly, this car's owner collected a fine for laying down not quite a city block's worth (somewhere over 1/2 block) during that parade. Apparently the valve job worked.

One of the pic's in the original thread showed the Shelby now has an Arizona rear plate (we don't get front plates except in the case of vanity plates); but the included pic shows her last Rhode Island plate on the front. The plates too new for 1/4 inch of stickers, but I believe him. Yes the hood is a little warped at the front left corner, but that just adds to her personality.

Originally posted by oboebrian
The eleanor he is refering to are clones of the Gone In 60 seconds Mustang that seem to be popping up all over the place adn that Shelby is slappin new vins on older 'retrofited' 67-68 fastbacks and charging an arm and leg... literally.

here's a link to a site with the car on it:
http://www.thecarsource.com/shelby/1967/goneinsixty/goneinsixty.html

Gone in 60 Seconds remake had a pseudo '68 Shelby GT500 in it, that is now being cloned and marketed as the Shelby GT500E...............:nonono:

The natural beauty that stangdreamin posted pics of is an ORIGINAL GT500 KR, which as I said, IMO is far more attractive than those clones...........:cool:

I've had the hots for the '68 GT500 KR ever since I saw my first one at a car show 25 years ago.... :worship:
Sorry, but she is one that I just couldn't resist, and to HELL with the professional help, I'd rather do it myself!!! :D ;)

Tying up loose ends here...

Greetings!

Still have yet to see the car!!! Getting Impatient!!!:mad:

Mach351Q, to get a good price for Chepie so I can build the cobra, gotta get the car presentable for the price I want! Besides, It's been begging for a new top since the day I bought it 13 years ago!!!:D

Cool pics on the KR! We have a few in my SAAc region, some fully restored, some partially done! Nothing beats driving a cobra Jet for gut-wrenching torque!!! I still prefer winding the snot out of a well screwed-together small block, though!!!

and finally, I do NOT like the new Eleanor. Too over-done! And the real foolishness is the bozo's selling the GT-500E's! No history, just a pimped-up 68 fastback. Nothing can hold a candle to the original movie!!! (off my soap box now......)

Re: Tying up loose ends here...

and finally, I do NOT like the new Eleanor. Too over-done! And the real foolishness is the bozo's selling the GT-500E's! No history, just a pimped-up 68 fastback. Nothing can hold a candle to the original movie!!! (off my soap box now......)

:nice:

I whole heartedly agree.

-Chelle

Re: Re: Re: Sick, sick, sick.....

She is STILL far sweeter than any of those "hEleanors" out there!!!:nice:

Absolutely!!!!!!! One shot I took especially for the GT-500e crowd was the very closeup of the badge on the passenger front quarter. When somebody can come up with 428CJ badge, missing parts of the red paint, and it can be verified under the hood , they then can tell me their car is better! 'Til then, it's all rice to me.

;)Of course I wouldn't turn down a CSE aluminum block 427FE, if I were offered a long block at a reasonable (read: LESS THAN FIVE DIGITS) price!;)

And hey, by the way, big fella......
don't you be rubbing against **my** KR! She's MINE, ALL MINE!
:nonono: Okay, she's the Doc's KR...... but I found her before you did!

Still Dreamin'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sick, sick, sick.....

Originally posted by StangDreamin'
And hey, by the way, big fella......[/SIZE] don't you be rubbing against **my** KR! She's MINE, ALL MINE!
:nonono: Okay, she's the Doc's KR...... but I found her before you did!

Still Dreamin'

But look at this nice buffed shine my fuzz gives her!!!:p Can your oily, dirty HUMAN skin do that..???:nonono:

Geez....now I'm a chamois!!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.