Keep blowing coolant hose's...... *pic*

dirty slut

Nov 12, 2005
This is the second time in a couple months that I have blown the coolant hose that returns coolant from the heater core back to the engine, the "S" hose.

Inside the hose there is a reducer, to the best of my knowledge I am installing it correctly b/c it would be difficult to install backwards. Is it possible that 50Resto sent me 2 deffective hoses:shrug:

the middle of the hose is splitting & blowing out, the strings and everything are all hanging down, it has happend both time's when im getting on it pretty hard

LRS-18472A.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

check to see that the water passage in the block or head, is not partially blocked, if it is than the pressure is building high enough to blow the hose.
If its blowing in the same spot I would guess the hose isnt defective.....Didi you try one from a local auto supplier?

the resticter keeps the heater core from blowing up. If your getting that much pressure in the collan system I would check your radiator cap. shouldnt build that much unless you have a blown headgasket pressurizing the colling system

Hmm, i just replaced the radiator cap, is there a way to test it?

And i dont see how the restrictor would keep the heater core from blowing up b/c it should be on the exiting side, not the entrance side??

The restrictor adds life to the heater core.

It does this by not allowing reducing the flow of watter in to the heater core under hard accleration.

U can use a differnt type of hose and no restrictor but this my impact the life of your heater core ?

You can also try a diffrent hose and a fab up a restrictor, a cap for copper pipe will work good with a hole 1/4 or 5/16 driled in.

Ok, I just got my replacement hose from the Ford dealership this time, this hose did not have a restrictor in it???

Anyways, i put it on there and Ill see how long this one lasts. I think what Forced2dV8 said may be right, im gonna try to open up the pipe that the heatercore coolant return hose connects to, Tha pipe leads to the water pump, so maybe there is something in there clogging it up????

Why don't you do a coolant flow test? It's real easy. Put the hose on, drive the car for 20 or so minutes and see if it has heat. If coolant is blocked or restricted you won't get hot air or it might be luke warm coming out of the vents. If the air coming out is hot then the flow is fine.

BTW, my Ford Racing blue hoses didn't come with a restrictor and there wasn't one in the stock hose.