LS1 Vs LT1

• Sponsors (?)

I have been beat and have beaten some camaros in my area and either way its good for me cuz if they hand me my azz well they got a bigger engine, and if i win, well they got a bigger engine. I love it when they ask me if I have a supercharger! The look on their faces when I say no, Priceless.

While everyone is on the topic of numbers, my friend has a 99 z28 auto, factory gearing and all. I installed an electric cutout and a lid and the car ran consistant 12.8's in the quarter, can even get the car sideways if you mash it doin about 60 mph. Fast car. I like em alot, thats why its on the list to get one pretty soon.

Nick

ok....so i know that the 350 is gm's trademark motor. the 289/302 has always been fords mustang-based motor. gm however, has almost always had the 350, but ford stuck to a 302 until 96. then they downsized to a 4.6 mod motor. yes, that are great motors, but why downsize? imagine if they would have made the standard gt motors a 351 pushrod or mod? or even made the 5.4 mod standard. gm wouldnt have a chance

huRACEmentPSR said:
ok....so i know that the 350 is gm's trademark motor. the 289/302 has always been fords mustang-based motor. gm however, has almost always had the 350, but ford stuck to a 302 until 96. then they downsized to a 4.6 mod motor. yes, that are great motors, but why downsize? imagine if they would have made the standard gt motors a 351 pushrod or mod? or even made the 5.4 mod standard. gm wouldnt have a chance

Look what happens when you stick an expensive 350 or 346 into a pony car.

Where'd they go?

Mustangs have always outsold F-bodies, in the final years it was like 3-1.

Ford's modular motor cost a lot to research and develop, but look at the fleet of modular cars now. All GM can do is up their displacement in hopes to catch up with the GT's 5.4L. The 03/04 Cobra motor certainly laid waste to the LS1s with only 281 ci.

And don't give me this supercharger vs N/A crap. If its factory stock, its factory stock.

I've also heard that Ls1 and Lt1's respond well to simple bolt-ons and cam swaps but you don't see too many of them that are supercharged because they don't respond to well.

5o5speed said:
I've also heard that Ls1 and Lt1's respond well to simple bolt-ons and cam swaps but you don't see too many of them that are supercharged because they don't respond to well.

Most ignorant comment I have heard in this thread so far. They respond really well to superchargers. Most people are happy with the 400rwhp+ street car that is all motor and can beat 99% of the cars on the road. LS1's with blowers and turbos are insane. I've seen the cars do 9's on the stock block, and they don't crack in half :hail2:

The reason is they are more expensive. Not that they don't respond well.

88_GT_5_oh said:
wish ford would have stuck with a the pushrod motor................ with those cars don't you have to drop the motor out under the car?
hahah a dual over head can motor is way better than a push rod motor..............still a svt cobra motor 03+ will own either one..........

Actually they have gotten up to 8.8's on a stock block.
Funny thing, first post. I am picking up a 91 gt this weekend. I wrecked my 98 z28 a few months ago. I was on here doing some research on what I could do to the new stang and came across this. If you want to know about the LS1, go to www.LS1tech.com there are some very, very sick cars on there and a wealth of info. One of my buddies was joking saying the first thing I should do with the stang is throw the LS1 I have in the garage in there, and get plates that say "bowtie". LOL Mine was a very fun car to drive. With a lid and a dynomax ultraflow mine made 340rwhp/360tq. Behind a t-56. Ran a 13.1 stock w/ a 2.0 short time. Then I put on longtubes and a 150 shot, never got the chance to dyno it. Ran a 12.8@118 I was scared of snapping the tiny 10 bolt so I never put any sticky tires on it. A guy in a vw golf cut me off and put me underneath a gaurdrail on my way to work one morning. So I bought a massive truck. I have been craving some speed lately so decided to pick up the stang. Going to need some work to get it to where the camaro was but that's half the fun of the sport! I'll be on here a lot researching parts. All that research on the camaro and now I have to start all over again. LOL oh well.
Later.

DarkMesa8 said:
Look what happens when you stick an expensive 350 or 346 into a pony car.

Where'd they go?

Mustangs have always outsold F-bodies, in the final years it was like 3-1.

Ford's modular motor cost a lot to research and develop, but look at the fleet of modular cars now. All GM can do is up their displacement in hopes to catch up with the GT's 5.4L. The 03/04 Cobra motor certainly laid waste to the LS1s with only 281 ci.

And don't give me this supercharger vs N/A crap. If its factory stock, its factory stock.

oh i fully agree with what youre saying. espically with the 03/04 cobras. they are i think .2 seconds slower than a zo6 vette in the 1/4, cost much less, can fit 4 or 5 people, sound way nicer, and look hands down better. all im saying is imagine how badly ford would waste GM IF there was a larger all aluminium motor. i think there would be no contest. thats all i was trying to say

mackey said:
If you put the highest model mustang (cobra) why not pair it against the highest model ls1? (Z06) They are both on equal playing fields and the Z06 would win. And that is motor vs supercharger.

I'll see your ZO6, and raise you a Ford GT.

The LS1 isn't in a Z06, the LS7 is.