My 351 build with pics

• Sponsors (?)

i found a 90MM MAF and also i need to get some 42# injecters. also need head gaskets,t stat,t stat housing, radiator hoses,and a chip. also might do a new FPR? then it's on! Will probably start assembly next week sometime, i'll post progress pics as i go! Not sure if i'm gonna repaint and so forth in the bay yet? peace

john:p

that "wieird spacer thing" on the cam is a cam balancer. you NEED that. trust me, i forgot to put it back on my car and it ran like crap. no lie, i stepped on it and wouldnt go any faster than 20 mph. I had to take off everything again and put it back on, and ran normal. dont go through the same trouble i did.

:rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh: i know this thread has been here for a while, but i just now saw that....WOW :rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh: it's alright, everyone has to learn one way or another. i bet your timing was way off or you stabbed the dizzy wrong the first time or something, and corrected it the second time around.

your build looks great John! man i'm jealous! :nice: don't change the color though! i LOVE white w/black trim LX's! they look so sleeperish and mean as hell at the same time! what color were you changing to?

thanks and i have thought about it and this coupe will stay white it is with the trim black. I'm tossing up redoing and painting under the hood? But yes under the hood HAS to match the outside of the car!peace

Yeah, I'm in the 'couve. I'm working on selling my motard bike to fund a little project myself. I've got an 83 coupe (83=no emissions!) that I want to put a 351W stroker into. Do you know if the brackets off of the late model trucks will work in the fox body? There's a very complete looking 351W on craigs list right now for $300.

:rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh: i know this thread has been here for a while, but i just now saw that....WOW :rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh: it's alright, everyone has to learn one way or another. i bet your timing was way off or you stabbed the dizzy wrong the first time or something, and corrected it the second time around.

your build looks great John! man i'm jealous! :nice: don't change the color though! i LOVE white w/black trim LX's! they look so sleeperish and mean as hell at the same time! what color were you changing to?

never touched the distributor. :shrug: it was probably just all the vacuum lines that were messed up the first time around

Yeah, I'm in the 'couve. I'm working on selling my motard bike to fund a little project myself. I've got an 83 coupe (83=no emissions!) that I want to put a 351W stroker into. Do you know if the brackets off of the late model trucks will work in the fox body? There's a very complete looking 351W on craigs list right now for $300.

there also a complete 69 351w and tranny for $150. i almost bought it to turn for a profit. peace

i got the cam/lifters friday. got all my acc. brackets painted all i have left to paint is the water pump. witch i'm doing today also. if i get around to it i'm gonna start the install of the motor today!

downsized_10030815571.jpg

peace

Attachments

• downsized_10030815571.jpg
    downsized_10030815571.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 74
put the cam timmig chain timming chain cover and the water pump and head studs on yesturday. waiting on head gaskets then i 'll drop the heads on. post pics tonight. peace

well another update got the new FRPP balancer on tonight and finally after shopping store after store got the timming case to crank seal! went to install the water pump pully and crank pully only to find out i need to machine a spacer for the crank pully and redrill the water pump pully. i'll get those on this weekend and take a few more pics. i might put the heads on with out the gaskets to mock up the spacers and brackets for the alt and powersteering pump, i will make those brackets or what not myself at work if the 5.0's (witch i've heard they wont) work. i'm gonna try to get the headers out to have them jet hot coated next week also.peace

well another update got the new FRPP balancer on tonight and finally after shopping store after store got the timming case to crank seal! went to install the water pump pully and crank pully only to find out i need to machine a spacer for the crank pully and redrill the water pump pully. i'll get those on this weekend and take a few more pics. i might put the heads on with out the gaskets to mock up the spacers and brackets for the alt and powersteering pump, i will make those brackets or what not myself at work if the 5.0's (witch i've heard they wont) work. i'm gonna try to get the headers out to have them jet hot coated next week also.peace

So you do have to use a spacer for the balancer? Thanks for the heads up on that, I've heard from some people that you do, and that you didn't from other people.

Keep it up!