My Blank Canvas...pics

• Sponsors (?)

FINALLY, stage I (the exterior "look") is done......mostly! This is the car I most admire and that I am trying to pay tribute to, the 1965-6 Shelby GT350:

1-shelby350gtrwheels.jpg

My car hunkered down on its Eibach Pro Kit springs:

mustangfinished001.jpg

mustangfinished011.jpg

mustangfinished006.jpg

The Shelby grill and running pony emblem:

1-shelbygrill.jpg

My Cervini billet grill:

mustangfinished010.jpg

It took a little more work than anticipated to install it:

grillinstall.jpg

The Shelby rear end with pony emblem gas cap and chrome tail light trim:

1-shelbygascapemblem.jpg

My cars pony emblem and American Muscle tail light trim. I also could not resist using a Street Scene Duck Tail Spoiler. It's more of a 1967-8 Shelby look but I love it:

mustangfinished016.jpg

mustangfinished020.jpg

Flowmaster "twice pipes":

mustangfinished017.jpg

I had the mirrors smoothed and painted body color:

mustangfinished009.jpg

The wheels are deep dish Bulitt's with running pony center caps, 18X9 front and 18X10 in back with BF Goodrich KDW2's. Brake rotors are 2 piece KVR cross drilled and the calipers were painted red. The fronts:

mustangfinished008.jpg

The rears:

mustangfinished007.jpg

The painted stripes were done really nicely. Here are close-ups of the stripe disappearing under the windshield trim and the rear window:

mustangfinished022.jpg

mustangfinished021.jpg

I'd like to thank Mike and all the guys at California Concepts in Redwood City, CA (650-361-8193) for the great work they did on my car:

calconstorefront.jpg

My Hurst shifter has arrived and I hope to get it and some billet interior pieces installed next.

ONWARD!

Attachments

• 1-shelby350gtrwheels.jpg
    1-shelby350gtrwheels.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 88
  • mustangfinished001.jpg
    mustangfinished001.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 89
  • mustangfinished011.jpg
    mustangfinished011.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 86
  • mustangfinished006.jpg
    mustangfinished006.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 1-shelbygrill.jpg
    1-shelbygrill.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 89
  • mustangfinished010.jpg
    mustangfinished010.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 75
  • grillinstall.jpg
    grillinstall.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 1-shelbygascapemblem.jpg
    1-shelbygascapemblem.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 73
  • mustangfinished016.jpg
    mustangfinished016.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 85
  • mustangfinished020.jpg
    mustangfinished020.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 80
  • mustangfinished017.jpg
    mustangfinished017.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 73
  • mustangfinished009.jpg
    mustangfinished009.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 78
  • mustangfinished008.jpg
    mustangfinished008.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 84
  • mustangfinished007.jpg
    mustangfinished007.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 79
  • mustangfinished022.jpg
    mustangfinished022.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 74
  • mustangfinished021.jpg
    mustangfinished021.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 68
  • calconstorefront.jpg
    calconstorefront.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 77
That looks nice man! You picked a helluva car to model after. I love that grill! I'm wondering what it would look like if you put the rocker panel stripes on as well.

That looks nice man! You picked a helluva car to model after. I love that grill! I'm wondering what it would look like if you put the rocker panel stripes on as well.

Thanks guys. I'm wondering big time about the rocker panel stripes myself. The 1967 GT Mustangs had a GT (or GTA) emblem in the rocker panel stripes. I've thought about doing that with my GT emblem. I'd have to have the existing holes filled and the fenders repainted........Oh well, I've already had the hood, roof and trunk recleared. What's a couple of fenders :D .

One more Bay Area person here!!!! The Chamois seats are awesome. Its offered with wv blue but I think everyone will agree its an awful combination. I like the idea of chamois with black, alloy, or candy apple.

California Concepts are mucho moola $$$$$. My pinstripes and saleen rocker stripes cost me $600! I asked about an eleanor grille and they quoted me 500 bucks. They said the bumper clips would have to be dislodged or something like that. I just bought an eleanor grille online ($150). On another post a kind person posted the installation instructions and it looks like a relatively doable DIY. (Wish me luck) The Cervini must be a lot more involved to install.

On the other hand, the painted stripes are well done and for those, you get what you pay for. California Concepts also stocks a really nice GPS. Flip it up and there's your CD player! ($2000)

The blue stripes against the Chamois first didn't seem too compatible in my mind but once I saw a picture of the blue stripes I thought again. Its going to be cool.

Nice canvas. :nice: