My brother got drunk and went and ragged out my mustang, what should i do to him?

tunedin302 said:
Since your brother denies any liability, I would call the cops and tell them your brother is a prime suspect. they will interview him and he'll likely confess if he did it. If your brother asks why you're calling the cops then say it is because some random stranger has obviously taken your car and you want that person found.

+1

And if that doesn't work tie him to a tree in the middle of nowhere.

• Sponsors (?)

5.0Droptop said:
I say if you leave the key sitting out in the open then you were asking for it.

So what your saying is that if somebody were to find your keys lying around, it would be perfectly acceptable to take your car and drive the piss out of it? I think not. It might just be me, but i believe that somebody in the United States, it is illegal and considered stealing/larceny/wrongful appropriation if you take somebodies stuff without asking.

On that note, if you take his Glock and trade it in, most likely it is not going to teach him a lesson because depending on whats wrong with your engine, it might not cover the damage. I suggest just calling the cops. Let them deal with it.

TheUser said:
The same thing happened to me about a year ago...some probably remember. My nephew stole my car, wrecked it (still driveable w/ the fan caught in the radiator), and brought it back.

I called the police and had fingerprints taken right away, but it turns out they weren't needed. My nephew told my mom he didn't do it and all, but when the police officer questioned him, he admitted to it. I agreed on $1500 in damages, which I have a written & signed contract saying he has to pay me back. He's about half way, and I'm not strictly enforcing the payment, but I'll get it all back.

I'd say call the police...your brother will **** if you do that. I would have called them right after you found out, but late may be better than never. If it overheated very bad, you may have to change the water pump gasket, possibly worse, but lets hope not. That's a very nice looking car:nice:

gray5.0beast: Kicking your brothers ass is one thing, but tearing your parents house up isn't cool:nono:

Yeah I remember that whole story...thats the first thing I thoght of when I red this but ia couldnt remember who is happened too :nice:

88Stang331 said:
So what your saying is that if somebody were to find your keys lying around, it would be perfectly acceptable to take your car and drive the piss out of it? I think not. It might just be me, but i believe that somebody in the United States, it is illegal and considered stealing/larceny/wrongful appropriation if you take somebodies stuff without asking.

On that note, if you take his Glock and trade it in, most likely it is not going to teach him a lesson because depending on whats wrong with your engine, it might not cover the damage. I suggest just calling the cops. Let them deal with it.

What I am saying is. HE SHOULDNT HAVE LEFT HIS SPARE KEYS OUT WHERE HIS STUPID AZZ DRUNK BROTHER COULD TAKE IT AND THIS WOULDNT HAVE EVER BEEN A PROBLEM. .

Edited to remove punch in the gut comment. then adds* Alcohol impairs good judgement. The key lying there was an open invitation to take a joy ride due to alcohol impairment. Had the key not been there but hidden in a secret spot, his drunken brother would not have made the poor decision.

5.0Droptop said:
I say if you leave the key sitting out in the open then you were asking for it.

they werent in plain sight. he must have searched my room to find them.
I think thats bull**** thinking right there. He can go out and blow off my headgaskets because i have a spare set of keys in my bedroom?:nono: :Zip2: :flame: :ZipIt: :uzi: :bs: :notnice:

and i called the police department, who refered me to the sherrifs office, who said they cant do anything about it. woohoo :bs:

You said the keys were on your night stand. Dosent sound like they were hidden to me.

Boils down to my comment earlier "Alcohol impairs good judgement. The key lying there was an open invitation to take a joy ride due to alcohol impairment. Had the key not been there but hidden in a secret spot, his drunken brother would not have made the poor decision."

I will not argue with your or anyone about this. The situation sucks. I hope your car is ok. But I gave my opinion its Just how I see it.

dderek said:
and i called the police department, who refered me to the sherrifs office, who said they cant do anything about it. woohoo :bs:

You didn't say the right thing then. You need to say that someone took your car out of your own front yard and caused damage to it - without your permission. Make it clear that you never loaned it to anyone. The police should be all over that - not the sheriffs! They don't have jurisdiction over anything above a summary offense.

5.0Droptop said:
You said the keys were on your night stand. Dosent sound like they were hidden to me.

Boils down to my comment earlier "Alcohol impairs good judgement. The key lying there was an open invitation to take a joy ride due to alcohol impairment. Had the key not been there but hidden in a secret spot, his drunken brother would not have made the poor decision."

I will not argue with your or anyone about this. The situation sucks. I hope your car is ok. But I gave my opinion its Just how I see it.

Still NO excuse!!!

Be glad he didnt kill someone in an accident and the car get imponded as police evidence and you would never get it back.

5.0Droptop said:
Be glad he didnt kill someone in an accident and the car get imponded as police evidence and you would never get it back.

Right now id rather have the car gone and him in jail.
Better than him getting away with it, and me possibly having to replace fried headgaskets, waterpump that ran dry for hours until battery died, possibly more.

5.0Droptop said:

If you saw my nightstand, everything on that mess is hidden:p

heres my room to prove my point.
can you tell i care about my car more than my room?
View attachment 448389

dderek said:
i hope so too, either way. im stuck with the bill.
my parents dont even believe me.
they believe that idiot saying he didnt do it

Ouch that is brutal.. this is something that would be hard to forgive. At least if he owns up to it then you can go from there... but if he never owns up to it id lose my respect for him and basically tell him you no longer have respect for him.

In the words of Don Corleone:

"You're not a brother. You're not a friend. I don't ever want to see you, or know what you do. When you visit our mother, I want to know in advance so I won't be there"

Harsh words, but were they needed at the time.

Call the local cops, and say you think someone took your car without your permission and that there has been damage caused to your car. When they get out to your house, or you get down to the station, tell them what you think happened with your brother.