New Track Times

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
went to the track today. I ran a best of an 8.8 at 80.5mph. the 60' was a 2.067 on street tires. I dunno what it is with me but always on my last two runs at the track i end up doing the best. The first 5 or 6 runs were low low 9s at about 79 and then just when i decided to run two more and call it quits i ran an 8.9 and then a 8.8. I cant wait for my longtubes.:D

So what do you guys think of my new times.

• Sponsors (?)

track conditions were:
48*
alt: 250ft
humidity: 53%
Pressure: 29.98

The track was hooking decent but i had to drop my tire pressure to 20psi cause stock pressure i had to short shift 2nd and through it into 3rd and still spun the rest of the way down the track. I also tried powershifting and it didnt help me any cause i missed the gear.(man i need my mgw) That was teh first time i have ever missed a gear so i was a little disappointed. O well it happens. I had a blast though and i was right behind a 5.0 stang earlier i would have beaten him cause he only ran a 9.3 on slicks with exhaust mods but i was messing up and i out trapped him by about 3mph lol i was reelin him in quick once i hit 3rd.

yea i got a buddy that thinks he is faster than me too lol kid drives an srt and on racing slicks he ran a 8.7 at 80.3 lol man thats way faster. On slicks i would have walked all over the kid. He had stage 1 with exhaust intake and a new wastegate.

Im excited for my longtubes this spring that should get me in teh 8.7s to 8.6 range on street tires. And then I will start saving for a blower or ill just stay the NA route and get stage 2 cams with the mph 2.5 heads. Either way I atleast want to run mid 12s