Nitrous tuning and plugs

One for the nitrous guys. I am new to 5.0's, but I am not new to nitrous. I have used nitrous on my last 2 cars, but they were carbureted small block Chevys. I have seen the light, and I am now building a street-strip 89 GT. The motor is bone stock (intake and all) and I am running a custom nitrous kit that I estimate at about 120 HP at the crank. My question is are there specific cylinders on the 5.0 EFI that tend to run leaner than others when running nitrous? On SBC motors you can get a good idea from cylinders 2 and 7 because the intake layout and firing order usually starve those holes the most. I am using a single fogger wet kit near the throttle body, and I am wondering about the nitrous and fuel distribution down those long EFI runners. I always pull all 8 plugs when changing the nitrous tune, but it is not always convenient to pull all 8 plugs (say after an impromtu street contest), and I would like to know if there are specific cylinders that I could use to get a quick idea of any lean issues.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome :nice:

Cylinder 7 seems to be a lean cylinder. I tend to pull 1, 3, 5 and 7 for a quick check but it is always good to pull them all you you stated.

As long as you don't get greedy and turn the N2O on over 3000rpms you will not have any puddling issues in the intake.

Thanks for the info. I prefer to pull all 8 plugs after a run, but if I pulled all 8 every time I sprayed I would be pulling my plugs every day when I got to work and again when I got home.

Not really, but you get the idea. I have read a lot of your posts and you seem to have a good grasp. Keep up the good work!