no fuel! HELP!

i tried searching the forums, but no answer there for me.. this is for an 82 mustang 5.0 which has a 90 ho motor(and yes I took the eccentric out from the old motor and installed it in this one) So, I am not getting any fuel, i have a new pump now, just replaced. and I tried sucking some out from the line coming from the tank- and got a lot! just to check if it was clogged, so then I tried firing it up and still nothing, unhook the feed line from the pump and it was bone dry. it would only fire up and try to run if I put gas into the carb, help needed here guys, thank!:SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

had the same pr0blem 0n a 66 last summer. we had t0 pull the fuel pump 0ff and pump it by hand until gas was getting t0 the carb and than we put it back 0n the timing c0ver and it fired right up....really weird

I might just have to try that, dammmm... 3rd time taking it off today..:nonono: but it 's gotta run! Thanks! anyone else? could it be that the pump arm isnt hitting the eccentric? is that even possible? I dont think is is, but u guys tell me, please.

it wasnt f0r very l0ng maybe 10 0r 15 pumps. at first we unh00ked it fr0m the carb and pumped it by hand t0 make sure the pump was actually w0rking and than we h00ked it back up t0 the carb and pumped it a few times by hand and than b0lted it back up

hmmmmm..... i actually have unhook from the outlet on the pump, and im almost sure i pumped it at least twice as much as u did.. i really dont know now, i guess ill try some more, and for sure i know the feed lines aren't clogged like i said, ohh, this is so frustrating:mad:

At1Maverick69 said:
i tried searching the forums, but no answer there for me.. this is for an 82 mustang 5.0 which has a 90 ho motor(and yes I took the eccentric out from the old motor and installed it in this one) So, I am not getting any fuel, i have a new pump now, just replaced. and I tried sucking some out from the line coming from the tank- and got a lot! just to check if it was clogged, so then I tried firing it up and still nothing, unhook the feed line from the pump and it was bone dry. it would only fire up and try to run if I put gas into the carb, help needed here guys, thank!:SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign:

Can you hear the fuel pump? Do you have a regulator?

Jason

Killer50stang said:
Can you hear the fuel pump? Do you have a regulator?

Jason
I have a mechanical pump and is carburated, dont use a regulator like EFI's do. So yeah, and I took off the pump again and see if it wasnt hitting the eccentric, and it is! dont know what the hell is going on, man. The car ran before its been a couple of months though. I tried siphoning some fuel towards the pump and I did get some, then reconnected the line to the inlet of the pump, put some gas into the carb, tried firing again and dies as quickly, my spark is good, and so is compression... so frustrated...

At1Maverick69 said:
I have a mechanical pump and is carburated, dont use a regulator like EFI's do. So yeah, and I took off the pump again and see if it wasnt hitting the eccentric, and it is! dont know what the hell is going on, man. The car ran before its been a couple of months though. I tried siphoning some fuel towards the pump and I did get some, then reconnected the line to the inlet of the pump, put some gas into the carb, tried firing again and dies as quickly, my spark is good, and so is compression... so frustrated...

You can still run a regulator, how else can you adjust the fuel pressure? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Remember, you don't want to much fuel and you don't want too little.

Jason

Killer50stang said:
You can still run a regulator, how else can you adjust the fuel pressure? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Remember, you don't want to much fuel and you don't want too little.

Jason

no, it never had one, and it was like that before the swap, I've never seen a regulator on a carb setup, does it come stock with one? where is it located?

There isn't a regulator with the stock mechanical pump - it's not needed. Low pressure elecrtic pumps may work best with a regulator.

At1Maverick69 said:
no, it never had one, and it was like that before the swap, I've never seen a regulator on a carb setup, does it come stock with one? where is it located?

They come with the Holley Blue pump. I ran my gauge by the regulator so I can adjust the pressure and know what pressure I'm running. What kind of pump are you running? Stock?