Opinions on fox vs SN95

The SN will be more solid feeling (even with the same mileage) and handle better. The fox will be lighter and will respond to smaller mods better. Its more or less about what YOU want, but I personally Like my sisters 94 better than my 89!

• Sponsors (?)

was looking at a 94....ive been driving my 91 for about 2 years now with no major problems, just found a super nice 94 gt for a great price and wanted some opinions from people who have owned both.

If this was directed at me, I have an 88 GT vert and a 94 GT.

That was where my opinion was coming from.

The one caveat with the 94-95 non-cobra processors is that they can be a PITA to work with. The processor itself is a great piece but the factory tune blows. The majority of 94-95 guys with any sorts of mods (especially more radical cams) have an RT or means of tuning the car. It's not a biggie to work around however.

Good luck with your decision.

My sister has a 94 and we have had a FEW 87-93s and I can say the 94 feels better, handles better, and just seems like a better car! The fox is the kind of car you will work on and not worry about the effects of it, whereas the SN is the car that feels better stock and after working on and making faster will feel more harsh and might feel worse.

Personally looks are subjective, the SN will seem tighter and more solid, but the fox will be the car you dont mind working on. It depends on what you really want, and how far you want to take the mods! Personally to ME its a toss up between the two but you cant go wrong with either!!!

I've had both, and still have my 95. The Fox was definitely lighter and felt more nimble, but the SN handles much better and would make a better DD (it served me as my DD for 4 years). As JT pointed out, the stock tune in the GT does suck, but mine hasn't given me any problems with the cam as of yet, save for some occasional bucking when I'm cruising, which is easily solved by giving it a little more or less gas. I'm thinking about picking up a notch to make a weekend warrior out of, that'll probably get a cage, and be very user-unfriendly. I'd say the Fox is best suited for an all-out go fast car, where the SN is better suited to some go-fast mods, but more of a street than strip car.

its funny i own 2 foxes and my wife thinks they both look hidious but when i have showed her pics of the sn's she likes that design .everyone has an opinion on what looks nice or not.alot times being in my late thirties going back in time and being around foxbodies foureyed and such you can't help be be biased.i just soured on them although i do love the interiors in them .i just felt they could have come up with something with a wider wheel base and more horsepower.

I'm an SN95 guy (strictly 94-95 though) for these reasons:
-they still have the 5.0, they reprisent the old school rule with new school cool
-the interiors were designed to look like a cockpit, i think the interiors are perfect (probably why they didnt change them for 10 years, 94-04
-just as easy to make fast as a fox
-everyone knows SN's as stupid v6 chick cars so when they see/hear my cammed 94 cobra with full exhaust comin down the street they really stop what theyre doin and look
-with a set of rims, tinted windows, and a nice drop, they can be pure sex on wheels

Foxes are sick too though, my fantasy car is a black '93 Cobra with a fully built 427ci.

I'd just like to continue to crap on the 94-98...

They are overweight and look like overweight teenage girl cars.

However, I own a 2001 GT and I love it for DD. I would lose it in a heartbeat if it came between it and my 93 fox though.

That is all.

i always like the weight statements were not talking about a lot of weight difference my 93 vert outweights the 94 coupe.... and i have never sat in any fox compared to sn95 and said ih yeah i can tell that extra weight is really hurting this car i noticed no difference in response or driveability except the sn seemed to be better stock.

as mentioned a lot of people dislike fox cars...my woman hated mine with a passion....after the 18" and such she thinks its alright....i think its easier to make a fox look good... but after the 14k invested in my fox i bought my 94 and was soo pissed at myself...it handled just as good felt so much better and the power felt so good for being a stock car..

i wish i would have got my 94 first i probley would never be in the fox game if i found it first...i think as far as a all around car the 94-95 are awesome...and with wheels , lowering and tint they look so much sexier IMO plus being able to put a 315 out back with no type of problem is great they can look so tough

I own both and my opinion is this

SN95 > Fox

However if it came down to my '88 5.0 and my '03 GT and one had to go...the Gt would go. I would miss tghe hell out of it though.

I own both and my opinion is this

SN95 > Fox

However if it came down to my '88 5.0 and my '03 GT and one had to go...the Gt would go. I would miss tghe hell out of it though.

This post was from 2007. Guess which one did go? The 03 GT is gone, but I do miss it.

Which offers more back seat room?

My fox hatchback had more rear seat headroom than my '03 GT did. Legroom is about the same as the floorpan and seats are pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I do. I work on cars for a living and I'll never own a car newer than my Fox, just 1 computer to run the engine. These newer cars that use a 'puter for literally everything, I'll never own one. And I like computers !

555C8B7E-5165-4451-84FF-35B577B9B44F.jpeg

Two foxes that are nearly daily driven in southern Ohio. I only drive my truck when it’s raining cats and dogs or there is snow on the ground.

Reactions: 1 user
I do. I work on cars for a living and I'll never own a car newer than my Fox, just 1 computer to run the engine. These newer cars that use a 'puter for literally everything, I'll never own one. And I like computers !

That's funny. I'm the opposite. I like all the newer computers on a car. Easy to hook up a laptop and troubleshoot without ever having to pop the hood. I've done some cool stuff on my DD just by plugging in a laptop. I'm finding myself getting very turned off when I have to turn a wrench these days

It's funny reading all the talk about which is the better daily driver. Does anyone still daily drive a fox?

I can only speak to my local area, but for the most part Foxes aren't daily driven due to the environment. Older cars are virtually non-existent on the roads due to the corrosive salt used. Usually this runs Dec-April so a good chunk of the year they just dump tons of salt on the road that can linger late into the spring if we don't get any heavy rains. Daily driven foxes just rotted out by now and are long good. In our local club, every fox body is either a low-mileage survivor, or a modified garage queen that only comes out when it's sunny. There may be an example or two that get driven frequently in the summer, but most fox owners here have them as a second toy car. It's been 10-15 years since I've known of anyone using it as their only car.

Other parts of the country obviously have different circumstances. It amazes me when i can see a 300K mile southern car not have a spec of rust on it and solid frame rails. So jealous.