Part 2 of my build

• Sponsors (?)

Got up at 5AM and worked on it for 5 more hours this AM. Everything went in good with a few modifacations.Heres piccs of what all i did,nowi'm waiting on on3's responce to see if they are sending me the correct alt braket since i got the wrong one.peace

08280007441.jpg

Kinda worried if the return line is gonna be to close and possibly melt on this clamp?
08280007581.jpg

08280008451.jpg

08280007571.jpg

08280009331.jpg

08280009371.jpg

john:p

Spent another 4 hours on the car again tonight.I got all the vacume lines routed hidden and hooked up,also mounted my boost gauge.And got the fittings to relocate my fuel pressure gauge.I'm thinking about installing my electric fuel pressure gauge like i did my boost gauge?Not sure though cause the electric fuel pressure gauge i have dosent match the rest of my phantom gauges?So heres some more pics,i also got my PMAS 80mm MAF but it's not a blow threw :mad: will it still work not being a blow threw?All i need is my 90* 4"-3" elbow, injectors, and my alt bracket and it's fire up time! Then the tune. peace
08280018151.jpg

08280018181.jpg

08280018171.jpg

So did you do the punch method to tap your pan?

Do you just run some vacuum hose from your wastegate and BOV to a vacuum source?

You'll probably want to wrap that downpipe to save plug wires and keep from really heat soaking that upper intake pipe.

But, you're getting your problems sorted out and things are coming together. It's looking good. :nice:

To do my pan i actually used a small phillips screw driver to start the hole.Then i stuck a unibit in a nut driver (to entend it a little) and used that to make the hole by hitting it with a hammer.Then i used my dewalt cordless impact driver to tap it out.I just put that right stuff around it and on the threads to make sure it wont leak.Yes i got vac line from the car store all my stuff is hiddden and i got 13' of hose i tee into the vac lines behind the intake and then on my PVC there is a small port i hooked into and ran that to the BOV.Yeah i know i'm actually wrapping the cross over and down pipe just didnt get to it,it's just for a mock up.Hey i noticed in your thread you already have the turbo bolted to the header.Did the turbo bolt hole match up to the flange?Mine dont :rlaugh:peace

Alright, I'll punch my hole today. Then snag the right tap from work tomorrow.

I'm headed to O'reillys this morning for my vac. hose and new bolts for the wastegate. Lol.

My turbo and header flange matched up, but the steel gasket that Master Power sent didn't. So I just put copper rtv between the turbo and header, and stuck them together.

On my kit all I used on the headers and turbo to flange was orange high temp rtv. Everyone that I have talked to and others that install turbo kits have use it with great results.

My down pipe was a 3 incher and it was a tight fit. I don't see how a 3 1/2 will fit without hitting something and if you have to bash in your car to make it fit, well then that just ain't right. Bolt on kit right? Not a fab up, cut here, make room for this and that, smash this in, cut drill and grind kit... right?

Looks great John. Can't wait for a ride! The day you told me that you had to cut a hole in your inner fender for your cold side a bell should have gone off in my head. I did not have to do that to my kit. We should have looked at how we we're going to clock your turbo and gone from there. Proper oil feed to turbo and return is first, then pipe routing. I have never seen the kit you bought but looks like you have a handle on it. Good thing you can read a tape measure, cut and weld. No you can't have my turbo blanky. ;)

Went out lastnight to work on the car some more.Got the bumper back on and drilled some holes in it for the intercooler.They came out like **** so i'll buy a new bumper also now :nonono: I also thinnk i can drill out a few holes on the alt braket and make it work now?I also mounted the turbo down all the way.This weekend will be oil filter plugs put the hood on and hook up my gauge.I bought a MAF sencer flange to weld into my pipe so i'm waiting on that to show.Pics later but nothing special.peace