Plenum Questions

dragon and trickflow are the worst performing plenums according to what ive seen, the only thing they got going for them is the price, as soon as i got the cash im gonna grab me an accufab, best performance and the best looking IMO

• Sponsors (?)

03trubluGT said:
The HP per dollar ratio isn't that great, but it makes a good foundation for other mods.

Matt is so right. Nothing on the mod motor is cheap and free horses are few and far in between. Adding a plenum and TB helps, but it won't be like nitrous-if that's what some of you think?!?! But above 3K, it definately pulls better...much better.
It's been said a million times, but I'll repeat, an engine is more or less an air pump. There are a bunch of variables to that, but the more you can get in and out of the engine efficiently, the more power that can be made. Again, this is a general statement. That doesn't mean a 8 inch diameter intake pipe and 2 inch primary headers will work for your motor. :bang:
And most aftermarket MAFs still suck... :D

My .02

I installed the 75mm Accufab plenum & T/B about 2 weeks ago. Install was easy and I'm no mechanic. First mod on my 03 gt. I chose it as my first mod because it looked easy and I thought I would feel some gains from it. Had some vacuum leak issues initially ( weird idle problems but no stalling) so sealed everything with high temp RTV. Idle problems gone, then few days driving and WOW!. Definit SOP difference. Pulls much more cleanly in upper RPM's. Feels like 10hp though probably not. Specially notice what seems like wider power curve in 1st and 2nd. Gains especially noticable with AC off. Sounds better too. Very happy with this first mod. Gears next though not going to do those myself

I went with the C&L Plenum and Accufab 75mm TB. Nice SOTP increase(no dyno #s). Both pieces are very high quality. Well worth it, and a bit cheaper than the All Accufab setup.

Obligatory Pic:

album_pic.php

The Accufab tb and plenum are high quality pieces that always dyno a little higher than the competition. It is true that the 70 mm dynoed a little higher than the 75 mm but that was on an otherwise stock Mustang. Start adding performance parts and you'll be glad that you went with the 75 mm.

I would not recommend the Dragon plenum. I bought one and returned it because of a whistling sound around 2000 rpms.