power steering?...

Well mine is makin a very loud noise....i checked it and it seems to be full it hasn't been started in a while so is there any chance that it got air bubbles at that causing the problem? if so how do i get them out( drain it, just run it ec)

• Sponsors (?)

what kind of noise? like bearings goin bad? did you use a stethoscope or screwdriver to make sure its there (i know you know whats up, but in case. easy to mis-diagnose noises in there).

the system self bleeds. turning the wheel almost lock to almost lock helps bleed it (thats what you do after flushing). id drive it a lil bit and see if it decides to figure itself out (i dunno if anything can get loud from lack of use or lube).

good luck.

Depends on how loud it is. Mine whines as do alot of old Ford power steering pumps. I have been meaning to change mine to get rid of the whine , but it is still working fine just noisy. Is yours hard to turn or is it still working normally?

Mine was whining but still worked so i changed it, it was quiet for a week and the remanufactured one started whining :(

I put in some lucas oil (discount auto parts) that is supposed to help quiet it, it helped some but it still whines a little.

sidewayzisbest said:
Well mine is makin a very loud noise....i checked it and it seems to be full it hasn't been started in a while so is there any chance that it got air bubbles at that causing the problem? if so how do i get them out( drain it, just run it ec)

Most likely it is normal. Every Ford pump I have had has been noticible. As someone else said, you can change it, and in a week it will be back. I put one new pump on because the original began leaking, and the rebuilt one was much louder. It has run fine for 12 years now. Sold a 95 Windstar after seven years, and in a hour the buyer brought it back saying his mechanic friend said the ps pump was going. I opened the hood, listened, and it was the same as the day I bought it new. Told him he could fix it if he wanted to, but I was not going to do anything. Strangely the quietest one is on my 82 Mustang, where it does not matter, and is soon to be removed.