Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

Thanks for the input. I'm going hold off on changing it right now.

I started going back through my interior pieces. I only reused about 20% of this car's interior. In fact, the first thing I did after getting the car was to source mint interior pieces for it. The only parts I am using out of the car are the dash, glovebox, vents, and 1 rear quarter cover. The rest I got a piece at a time including a mint black dash which I couldn't pass on. Will make a good backup. I also picked up two new door panels that were NOS and will stay in the box until they go in the car. All the pieces are factory black but I did respray everything in the factory black dye to match it up and give it a new look.
Interior41.jpg

Started my double din conversion and putting in my manual fan switches.
Interior39.jpg

sanded the scratches out if the seat belt trim, re textured it and matched the color.
Interior46.jpg

Started putting the dash back together.
Interior48.jpg

Getting gauges ready
Interior47.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Kind of surprised you didn't opt for the full sweep on the water and oil. The increments on the partial sweep are no where near as nice as the full sweep.

Kurt

Where did you end up finding all the interior pieces? I am looking for several pieces for mine that have broken after 18 years of use and cannot find some to save my life.

Mustang Performance Kodak TN 865-933-2814 and MPS auto salvage in Statham GA. 770-867-2644 were the two big ones. I also bought several parts cars from another Mustang salvage yard that went out of business. I bought 2 of everything so I would have backups in case these got scratched. The door panels were NOS and donated to the cause or I would never been able to buy them.

Kind of surprised you didn't opt for the full sweep on the water and oil. The increments on the partial sweep are no where near as nice as the full sweep.

Kurt

I had to use these gauges because they were donated by a good friend for the project. I agree with you on the full sweep ones being better, but these mean more to me.

Mustang Performance Kodak TN 865-933-2814 and MPS auto salvage in Statham GA. 770-867-2644 were the two big ones. I also bought several parts cars from another Mustang salvage yard that went out of business. I bought 2 of everything so I would have backups in case these got scratched. The door panels were NOS and donated to the cause or I would never been able to buy them.

That's what I was afraid you would say. I've bought two shifter bezels I thought were manual bezels until I received them. The lower part of the dash that snaps to the console is broken too I think. I also need some weatherstripping that goes along side the dash that is impossible to find. I love this car, but I am really starting to hate it haha.

That's what I was afraid you would say. I've bought two shifter bezels I thought were manual bezels until I received them. The lower part of the dash that snaps to the console is broken too I think. I also need some weatherstripping that goes along side the dash that is impossible to find. I love this car, but I am really starting to hate it haha.
I have extra of all those parts. If you want to get a list together of everything you need, I can get them for you.

I had to use these gauges because they were donated by a good friend for the project. I agree with you on the full sweep ones being better, but these mean more to me.

I totally understand that.

My shifter bezel is totally shot. All the clips are busted and the whole thing moves with the shifter. It has holes in it where I put old switches in. If you have a bezel that doesn't live up to your standards that you want to get rid of, I will gladly take it off your hands. It can't possibly be worse than mine.

Kurt

Hey kurt if you still need one later on let me know. I have one that has a toggle switch on it that I would like to use for a line lock at some point so I wont need the one thats on there now. Its in perfect shape

I have extra of all those parts. If you want to get a list together of everything you need, I can get them for you.

Awesome! I will try to get a list and some pictures this weekend when I am out trying to get her running (again). I think where my clips are broken are a part of the full dash; not sure I want to purchase a whole new dash yet.

Good. I need one. Let me know how much you want for it. Is it black?

Kurt

I have my old one still with torn shifter boot. I was going to attempt to take the metal ring off the back of the automatic one I just ordered and JB weld a new boot on, but have had trouble locating a boot (haven't looked very hard admittedly).

Awesome! I will try to get a list and some pictures this weekend when I am out trying to get her running (again). I think where my clips are broken are a part of the full dash; not sure I want to purchase a whole new dash yet.

I have my old one still with torn shifter boot. I was going to attempt to take the metal ring off the back of the automatic one I just ordered and JB weld a new boot on, but have had trouble locating a boot (haven't looked very hard admittedly).

My boot is in perfect shape, it's the plastic that's all cracked and messed up. If I can get the whole new bezzle with boot from Venom, then I won't need my old one with the boot.

Kurt

My boot is in perfect shape, it's the plastic that's all cracked and messed up. If I can get the whole new bezzle with boot from Venom, then I won't need my old one with the boot.

Kurt

Sounds like we may have a triangle swap going on here. If I can get a decent boot, then I can figure out how to JB Weld or glue the metal retainer ring back on the automatic bezel that I got for $25.

what do the fronts look like?
I still need to do more work on the fronts to get them to where I'm happy. I'll post them up when I can call them done. But for now, I'm getting back to the body work.
Seats looking crispy.
Thanks...I think
I am back to working on the body by blocking the panels on the car so I can get all the lines and gaps done and everything matched up nice. I wont be posting any more primer pics since I'm sure everyone is tired of primer and ready for paint like me.