SN95 Brake Upgrade

tthanks alot man..how do u quote?

2 ways

hitting "reply with quote" on bottom right will quote the entire message

If you want to quote bits and peices like i did above, you need to hit reply. Then above the box where you type, there is a tool bar. The 3rd icon from the right looks like a bubble with words in it. You highlight what you want to quote and hit that

• Sponsors (?)

cool pics! so i should ask the dealer for those parts from an 04 mach 1?? arent the other years ok?

Yes other years are ok, but i usually ask for the newest model.

Those rear brakes came on 94-98 Cobras, 01 bullitts and 03-04 Mach 1's.

Any of those will work.

As you can see, i've been through all this myself before. It's fun though gathering parts
View attachment 381310

It should be. The e-brake is often neglected and sometimes never done.

All you really need to do is do a small tack weld. If you have access to a welder or know a shop, i'm sure they could do it for FAR cheaper than the $40 it will cost to get one already done.

There used to be a good write-up on the e-brake mod. I'll see if i can find it

X2! Make sure you do the Handbrake Mod, it is real simple to cut the Spring and Weld the Pawl, you also need to enlarge the center hole in the Equalizer Bracket with a drill. I will look and see if I can find that write-up too as it is pretty good.

ok now for the fronts..ive got most of the parts, like the 13" rotos, spindles,hubs, but i want to get these calipers.. http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=621

it will work eh? now those dont look like they have caliper brackets! thats my concern

They don't need caliper brackets. They just bolt to the front spindles where those black plugs are.

They will fit the SN95 spindle and 13" rotor, but not all wheels will clear them. You may need 18's. I beleive the ;98 Cobra wheel will clear them as well

I put Mach 1 brakes on my 90LX front and rear. I did not use the nort race car brackets but instead modified the stock brackets. I took some pics when I first started doing this, so the pics show stock SN brakes.
I took the right caliper bracket and cut it to use on the left side of the rearend, and vice-versa with the other bracket
LTD%20Brake%20conversion%20004.jpg

I mounted the bracket's flat side to the backside of the rearend flange and mocked it up to see how it would fit. The spacer between the brackets is what came with the Cobra brackets I'd ordered. I may need to get one that is slightly thinner to center the rotor in the bracket
LTD%20Brake%20conversion%20003.jpg

The only thing I'm thinking may be an issue is there's now two bolts holding the brake part of all this to the rearend versus 4 that it had before. But the caliper has two bolts holding it as well the main bracket. I may drill the two holes to put larger grade 8 bolts or come up with a way to tie the two halves together. Here's some more pics:
LTD%20Brake%20conversion%20002.jpg

Looking at the pics again I might have been better off to cut the brackets this way instead so all four bolts would still be supporting the entire bracket:
Bracket%20cut.GIF

So the the rear caliper brackets have had a section cut out of them so they can
slide over the axle tube and mount to the back of the axle flange on the other side. THen the piece that was cutout is welded back in, it only holds the bottom bolt of the dust shield , not the caliper.

would any of you happen to have the anti-moan brace part #??
Cuz the dude at my local ford dealer onl speakes ****ing french and hes never heard of an atnti-moan brace... Thanks

btw, ive done a quick summ up for the fronts, just wondring if i, missing anything

1-spindles + nuts..the nuts cost freaking 20$ from ford each!!
2-dust shields ( with bolts )
3- Rotors ( brembo 13" vented,zink washed, sloted n drilled) from ebay
4-Calipers The silver Brembos(4 pots) from buyfordracing .com http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=621

my concern now is the hardware..
banjo caliper bolts?
caliper pins?
spindle to caliper bracket bolts?

what are they for and where can i get them, and do i need the pins?

Thanks a bunch again!

3- Rotors ( brembo 13" vented,zink washed, sloted n drilled) from ebay

Brembo doesn't make a slotted and drilled rotor. They only make them either one, but not both.

Those ebay rotors are done 3rd party, so i don't really trust them because 3rd party drilling of the rotors can be dangerous.

With those powerful calipers, you have the possibility of heating the brakes up high enough to crack them.

I'd either buy Brembo plain rotors, or one of the true Brembos either drilled or slotted.

Most likely they will be fine, as i doubt you are planning on going open tracking with them.

But chekc out Brembos site and you'll see what i mean about not offering drilled and slotted together on a rotor

No 100% sure, but i beleive any SS lines should work. They all have small narrow profile heads that should fit.

Unless you are in a rush, wait for the calipers and post pics and i can tell you for sure if any SS lines will work.

Your stock lines definitely won't fit though

Yes they are the same. 1994 V6 front brakes and spindles would be the same as 1994 GT front brakes.

As for the rear brakes, 94-04 rear brakes on GT's and V6's are the same except for the axles. When running them on a fox, you need to use the 94-98 axles only, the 99+ axles are useless, but the brakes are the same. The reason is because the 99+ axle housing is wider.

V6 uses a 7.5" rear end without quad shocks, GT gets the 8.8 with quads