so what do you have?

bigsexxy422

Nov 27, 2009
ok i have a post about what would be a good cam for my engine setup, but since it is too hard to get peoples opinions on what would work i figured i would see what tey got. what cam are you guys running in your enigne. i know efi and carb are different, along with other factors, so i will just tell you what i got, tell me what you got.

i have a 306, speed pro pistions with valve releiefs, aftermarket alumineum heads, with 60cc chamber, 2.05 inch intake valves with 210cc runners, 1.6 inch exhaust valves, 1.6 roller rockers, headers, single plane intake, 600cfm carb, and an MSD igniton set up. i would like to swap my cam out for something that sutes the engine better. anybody with and engine similar to mine?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have a fox but pretty close, just one year newer.

I have a custom cam from Ed curtis and custom heads from him. The heads are 64cc combustion chambers and 234cc. They flow over 300 cfm on exhaust and intake at .600 lift and 2.05 valves. They are custom ported Trickflow High Ports. I have a victor EFI 5.8 intake and 1.7 Trickflow roller rockers.

Another vote for custom. You don't need a radical engine setup to benefit from a custom cam. By the time you price out a decent off the shelf cam, your not too far away from buying a custom one. Ed was great during the process of buying (and installing) my turbo cam. Rick91GT from RNH Performance is a forum sponsor on here and I'm relatively sure he designs custom grinds as well.

My cam was the result of my own homework and the experience/knowledge of Mike at Total Engine Airflow. The lobes are out of the Comp Cams master catalog and it was custom ground by Comp, but per Mike's specifications.

You better go custom pick the wrong cam and you could kill the low end torque. The engine setup you have with the wrong cam could be a dog. A stock cam or custom would be best for your combo. A combo like that will just be more sensitive to valve timing because of large heads and intake on a small motor. Not to say you can't pick a cam for it and it run good but the chances for error is allot higher.