tattoo?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I guess you can say that money makes me happy then :nice: . As for the guy who does your tattoos, all I can say is that he found his niche. Not everyone has that talent. The MAJORITY of people who make big money do office jobs or own their own businesses.

And yes, tattoos do carry a stigma. You would have to be pretty naive to believe that people don't judge others based on their appearance.

I..dont really know what to say to you. Everything has its place and no one thing is less than another. You can make fun of the people at McDonalds too, but they make the big macs you love. Where I live, and around where I live the manual jobs command the most HANDS DOWN. 10,000 a month is pretty easy to make if you dont mind workin'. No, they may not have had to get a degree and go to college but they get the oil to put in your car. They also build the homes you live in.

Office jobs are important too. I was an automotive apprentice for a little while, until I slipped three discs in my back. Not due to the work, but to poor safety and ignorant management. Now I work in an office. Tats, piercings and all. I have to take them out at work, and the tattoos are easily hidden. I make decent money, full benefits, RRSP's, staff accounts, etc. I preferred my previous line of work, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

For the record, people dont have to judge by appearance, they just choose to. Judging people by how they look is called discrimination, and its not an attractive trait for anyone to have. Body modified guys will judge the unmodified, and the unmodified judge the modified. Pretty silly, isnt it?

And yes, tattoos do carry a stigma. You would have to be pretty naive to believe that people don't judge others based on their appearance.

They do, but that's society's problem, not mine. It's discrimination and it's no different than judging people by their skin, their hair, clothes or anything else that separates me from the crowd. People shouldn't be judged for wanting to be an individual.

Tattoos are as old as man kind and won't ever go away so society needs to accept it and move on.

It becomes YOUR problem when people start treating you differently because of it. Also, society may need to accept it but in reality not everyone will.

As i said before...this is just something you can't understand. It's not about money or career status, it's not about defiance or being a rebel even though some people get tattooed for that reason. Those are the people who ARE making mistakes by getting tattooed. You're just one of those people that tattoos are not for, and there's nothing wrong with that.

By the way and for the record, i can guarantee you there are MORE "white trash" individuals wearing white collars in this world than there are in blue, as well as a lot more tattooed people in white collars.

To each his own. Personally, I find having live a good life with a high income more important satisfying my petty desires. I dunno maybe I was raised to be more practical than yourself :shrug: . BTW not having a tattoo doesn't mean you are "one of the sheep".

Oh yeah, the cars that I drive are in my sig :) .[/QUOTE

You must not be doing too well if your two cars are a stock looking fox body (nice may i add) and that white trash 80's vette :rlaugh: come on now for someone with your know how id figure id see at least a benz also or something nicer than a 85 vette :rlaugh: sorry but thats just funny. Oh and id like to see you go to my jobsite and run the 40 man crew that i run:nice: you are one ignorant person i hope you know that, people like you live very sheltered lives because you are afraid of what EVERYONE thinks which is fine i will continue to get tattoo's and make more money every year :flag:

Ask me what I have when i'm your age. In case you didn't know i'm 20 years old and i'm a college student. I managed to buy both of these cars from working over the summer in an office job. BTW what car(s) do you own ?

Hey man im 25, a graduate from UC Irvine with a masters in chemistry but will never work in that field...too boring :) i live for adventure and when im on top of buildings it's the best feeling in the world for me and makes me happy which is all that matters, as long as your happy behind a desk thats cool too, it will keep us from ever meeting each other ( unless your booking my plane tickets:)) as for my cars:
94 gt convertible with a 331 and all the bolt ons
02 gt with a paxton
06 escalade with a kenne belle and 24's
07 BMW 740 with 22's (for the girlfriend)

Yoy have to understand that just because YOU think that im a bum and any undocumented worker can do my job, while it might be true is just your opinion, your type don't belong out in the field with me :)

Get the tattoo if you want, but definitely take the time to think it over. I like the idea someone posted of getting a temp tattoo of what you want, and see how you like it for a week.

Tattoos are like anything else; they will appeal to some, and not to others. Just make sure you don't get something that will have people on both sides laughing at you :D

As for the white trash comments, you have to kind of expect this is the attitude some people will have towards you. Especially if you accompany your tattoos with a large Dokken-mullet.