TCP Rumor

• Sponsors (?)

dolfan87 said:
I just called them, and they are having some troubles, but they are still shipping, and doing their thing.

Tough to say though, maybe they are in the process of going down? That would suck huh?

Yeah. A buddy of mine just ordered some of their parts, and they sent the wrong things. He hasn't been about to get anyone from there on the phone, and the outfit he ordered them through is being . . . um . . . evasive.

I hope it's not true. I hear they make good stuff.

I've had my gripes with TCP, especially about pricing when Mustangs Plus (*****ers) was their sole distributor. That said, they've always impressed me with their innovation and quality. By all accounts, they treat their employees well, including benefits and compensation, so I understand the tough issue of balancing pricing with margin. IMHO, if they are suffering, it is strictly because of pricing and the prolonged economic recovery that is overdue.

IMHO, since getting out of that un-holy partnership with M+, I've found their prices more fair and competetive again, and have even seriously considered purchasing from them. Still, I just can't scrape up the kind of cash they want for their stuff, especially when I can get something comparable from GW or Pro-motorsports for less. And sometimes, I just don't need/want the level of components they offer... If they offered less expensive, less over engineered stuff that a guy like me could/would use and could/would afford, then I think they would/could get more business from folks like me. I'm thinking about things like stock control arms that are boxed, rollerized spring purches, or ??? Basically, stuff folks can afford, but is also a good upgrade.

I once wished downfall on them, now I wish them the best of luck...

We are in close contact with TCP as their #1 volume distributor and can confirm they are still operating. They are having to deal with some family and other issues and are about 1 month behind!

Oh man! We're out of business. Nobody told me. That explains why I've been sitting here alone for the last week... Damn.

No, our doors are still open and we are still taking orders and providing technical support and all the other things that go along with running a business. As Jay stated, we have had some family medical issues that got us a bit behind but we now have everyone here full time and should be caught up soon.

Psydwaze said:
Oh man! We're out of business. Nobody told me. That explains why I've been sitting here alone for the last week... Damn.

No, our doors are still open and we are still taking orders and providing technical support and all the other things that go along with running a business.

Thank goodness!!! I've still got some things to order for my '65, too!

Hope the medical issues came out okay, and thanks for the quick response!

-Dave

DarkBuddha said:
I've had my gripes with TCP, especially about pricing when Mustangs Plus (*****ers) was their sole distributor.

I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, I don't get to make the big decisions and at the time my 2 cents didn't go very far. We've (SN) dicussed this topic before and I'm sure everyone agrees it wasn't good for anyone.

That said, they've always impressed me with their innovation and quality. ... IMHO, if they are suffering, it is strictly because of pricing and the prolonged economic recovery that is overdue.

Like many other companies and the rest of the country, we can actually see the affects of "9/11" and the subsequent war on our books. Things are improving and our annual growth has still been phenominal but I can't help but think it could/should have been even better.

By all accounts, they treat their employees well, including benefits and compensation,...

Is this another one of those "TCP Rumors"??? :rlaugh: J/K

Seriously though, we do okay but I think the level of skill and workmanship our employees posess shows up in the final product. Our welders and machinists came to us from the semiconductor and aerospace industries and have brought a very impressive skill set with them. Some of the tooling and fixtures they've created are truly works of technical art. I'm off on a tangent now...

...since getting out of that un-holy partnership with M+, I've found their prices more fair and competetive again,..

I'm glad to hear that our efforts have not gone unnoticed. There are still those out there that were turned away by the whole scenario and never looked back to see that our prices did come back down to reasonable levels. The export brace thread from late last year was a good example this.

I just don't need/want the level of components they offer... If they offered less expensive, less over engineered stuff that a guy like me could/would use and could/would afford, then I think they would/could get more business from folks like me.

This is the kind of feedback I love to hear. This is good information. Does anyone else have this same need for an 'upper mid-level' line of products? As a consumer, I'm always looking for a better value; a good 'maintenance upgrade' that won't get the wife in a uproar. (ie. I need new pads and rotors for my Fox body. I can't afford the $1500 Baer set up but the $400 13" Cobra set up is lookin' like a pretty good alternative.)

I once wished downfall on them, now I wish them the best of luck...

Constructive suggestions are always appreciated and carry alot more weight than the standard 'overpriced', 'can't afford' comments. I thank you for your honesty and well wishes.

Lino Chestang
Total Control Products

I'm going to go with the group here and ask for a "mid-level" package. I went with Pro-Motorsports goodies in '94 because of the price/improvement ratio, and the technical people and even the owner were happy to talk with me AT LENGTH about each product. The TCP prices scared me off. Their QUALITY was outstanding and reputation second to none, but for a daily driver, going with the "almost as good" quality competition pieces is still overkill for driving to work and smacking around the occasional Camaro and calling them Susan.

I perceive the Mustang crowd as getting "older", which is a good thing for business. Older people tend to have more money, you know, and you MIGHT be able to tap into a crowd who want better handling/control but don't want to go Porsche hunting in the hills. Alot of us are getting spoiled by the new cars today and their handling/comfort mix, and, if you guys could emulate that, you'd have a gold mine.

Also, COULD SOMEONE COME UP WITH A MASTER CYLINDER/BRAKE BOOSTER FOR A '65 WITH DISCS?!?!?! please? :D

stangcountry said:
Lino, any chance of making the upper control arms stronger? my brother broke one while driving on the street in hs 67 (you guys fixed it for him)

If I'm remembering correctly, it was the adjustment coupler that broke. We have improved both the design and material used for manufacturing. This was the first failure of this component I've seen in my five years here and haven't heard of any other previous issues.

Technical Note: During regularly scheduled maintenance (oil changes, brakes, etc.) always give your vehicle a quick safety inspection. Make sure jam nuts are tight, tie rods, fluid levels, brake lights, header bolts, key weld areas, the list goes on and on. An extra 10 minutes of tinkering with your car/toy can prevent repairs, tickets, headaches. I know some of you are going "Duh" but not everyone is comfortable wrenching on or even getting under their car. This concludes your public service announcement. Had this been an actual emergency... yada, yada...