To sell or not to sell?

AFB

Feb 27, 2011
California
So Im selling my 2008 6.4L Superduty FX4 and my 90' GT will be my daily driver for about 6 months or so. My question for you all (throwing which car is more practical) out the window. Would you keep the Foxbody and dump tons of money into it, find a clean 2008-2011 GT500 or find a dealership willing to sell the new Boss at MSRP? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

2011 5.0?

Yeah I dunno, I guess Im just looking for a little more wow factor. I've just been there done that with newer 'stock' cars. I'd want to mod the crap out of it from the beginning, which is the whole point in websites like this and being an enthusiast, but now i'd have another project on my hands. The Foxbody I dont mind working on, you dont see too many clean ones anymore, and for sure it would be the only one parked in any lot you pull into. Im either looking for an 'out of the box' cool/fun/unique car. Or dump the time and money into the Foxbody.

IMO, pick up an '05-'07 GT. Something that's out of warranty (or newer still if you don't mind burning up the warranty). They've got all of the modern bells and whistles, fast out of the box and with little more than a blower install, they're really fast.....and most importantly reliable, which in my experience, no matter how much money you sink into a Fox body, reliability always seems to take a back seat to everything else!

If only keeping one Mustang, and using it as a DD, i would always suggest getting a new(er) Mustang.

A fox, these days, is more like a project car to me you wrench on and race, or enjoy your nice new 331 stroker with a supercharger.

If it's going to be your only car, i just don't feel it's worth it anymore...especially considering you can go buy a Nissan Altima and get better performance.

So i'd go for the new Gt500 or newer 5.0 if you can swing it

Do a chip/intake/dpf delete on the super duty and keep it :D

Oh how I would love to roll some coal! Unfortunately living in California is kind of a drag when it comes to modding. If my truck was pre-smog I definitely would keep it.

We'll thanks to all for the input, while running errands a brand new GT500 drove past, I think that was my sign.

If my better half will agree to me keeping the Foxbody I will, crap I own it so why not. Use that as my daily driver, just have to revamp my plans to make it a comfortable turn key driver. I'll keep ya'll posted.

IMO, pick up an '05-'07 GT. Something that's out of warranty (or newer still if you don't mind burning up the warranty). They've got all of the modern bells and whistles, fast out of the box and with little more than a blower install, they're really fast.....and most importantly reliable, which in my experience, no matter how much money you sink into a Fox body, reliability always seems to take a back seat to everything else!

I recently met a guy who has a notchback he's wrenching on, and his DD is a 07 GT, super clean and he slapped a "small" whipple on it. He claims 500 HP and I will attest that it is pretty damn fast and a cool looking car.