Torque converter decision

• Sponsors (?)

my brother just finished getting his Edge 3000 stall installed along with a transgo shiftkit and holy what a difference. during normal cruising, you can barely feel the shift it happens so quick. while on a roll and putting your foot in it, it just takes off.

cant wait to install mine. hopefully on monday if things go as planned

Dan95-5.0 said:
my brother just finished getting his Edge 3000 stall installed along with a transgo shiftkit and holy what a difference. during normal cruising, you can barely feel the shift it happens so quick. while on a roll and putting your foot in it, it just takes off.

cant wait to install mine. hopefully on monday if things go as planned

Yeah my shifts smoothed out as well, it'll still chirp in second most of the time, but not as violently as it did before the stall. Stands to reason with the smaller rotating mass of the converter.

I was hoping you were talking about YOUR car being finished. :D

lol. no this on my brothers LT1 Trans Am.

i'm getting a friend of mine who works at a Ford dealer to price me out some tranny stuff like accumulators, deep tranny pan, and input shaft etc.

i'm still not sure what to put the transgo set up as. i'm thinking using 2 washers and drilling the holes to the larger size "with small diam high stall converter"

I like that I can cruise through the parking lot at 15 mph and goose it and break loose the tires. Much more impressive than bogging. :rlaugh:

There's a girl at my new job with a Camaro talking smack on my "pustang" as I heard she called it. I will have to put her in her place very soon. :)

im ordering my 2800 edge converter the friday after this friday (next payday) i got my tranny being shipped right now, and its got a shift kit, tranny cooler, and some stronger clutch packs and od band. when i throw that converter in and get it running again, im going to **** my pants. thank god i didnt have to sell my nitrous. also i finaly get to use my nitto drag radials i bought 2 days before i blew my old tranny.

Git R Done! Get to the track, take lots of videos for us!

smilie_staub.gif