Troubled Codes

Ok i clocked the maf away from the outside bend of the CAI tube..... the reading fell from 1.04- 1.15 down to .78-.85 Thats much better but still not great car wont run if i try to reduce the size of the sample tube......

• Sponsors (?)

Ok i clocked the maf away from the outside bend of the CAI tube..... the reading fell from 1.04- 1.15 down to .78-.85 Thats much better but still not great car wont run if i try to reduce the size of the sample tube......
Did the changes make an improvement in the car's performance?

Yes the car no longer runs very rich i reduced the fuel pressure before from 40 to 37 because the car was running at full rich all the time. Now that i have clocked the MAF to the 9 O'clock position i have to increase the fuel pressure because the car is far to lean, its so lean it does not even read on my A/F gauge. I will re-adjust the fuel pressure back to the stock 39-40 lbs and see if that gives me a happy medium.
BTW C&L claims on their website that clocking the MAF or "reorientating the MAF" has no significant effect on the reading output of the sensor itself..... :fuss:they lie
My A/F gauge is an el'cheapo sunpro, its just a light show but gives me a decent ballpark to try and hit.

BTW i plan on rebuilding the top end of this engine again to place my ported and polished gt40's on it with my current parts.
Is there a better intake to run for tourqe production and power. I have a 75mm tb on the car now, i plan on getting it all tuned at ramseys performance.... before i have it tuned should i get a new MAF unit for the car? can you suggest one that will work well with the setup and wont break my pocket.