What are your thoughts on the 2008 Camaro?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm also out of the market till 2010-12. Im really hoping this retro garbage is out of every ones system. Sell all those retiring baby boomers cars and cash in on the market while they can. If there still marketing mustangs and camaro's in 4-5 years as sports-sedans then I may just consider going another direction with my money.

I've been eye'n those 350z for some time now. who knows maybe I'll fill the tank with uncle bens in the future.

CobraRed_96_GT said:
where you sick the day when they taught engine potential and horsepower? I agree yes 4 cyl's could for cheaper i.e. WRX, but civics? these guys dump 10k in their engine to run 13's:rlaugh:

Thats not true. You can take a civic hatchback you got for $500, throw a B18 engine with intake, exhaust, and cams and have a low 13 second car all day long for under 4k. I cant even imagine how it would got for 10k bro...

speedingpenguin said:
Thats not true. You can take a civic hatchback you got for $500, throw a B18 engine with intake, exhaust, and cams and have a low 13 second car all day long for under 4k. I cant even imagine how it would got for 10k bro...
so?

i can get a dodge omni for $400 and up the boost with some home depot parts, throw some slicks on it and get a high 12 sec car for under 3k

it's like going into a ferrari forum and saying your $25k mustang can destroy a 360 modena in the 1/4 with $10k thrown into it

two different classes of cars my friend:nice:

speedingpenguin said:
You forgot the part about the owner of the Civic in question having to completely gut the interior in order to get it down to a weight that that torqueless little i-4 can pull it's candy-ass! So for 10k....it might run 12's.....BRO!!!

I am willing to sell out for a Challenger if they don't alter it from the concept.

Fords motors are going nowhere, fast. They better start getting their crap together, because everyone else is playing the displacement game except Ford.

Screw CAFE ratings and gas mileage....I want cubes and only Dodge seems to be listening.

.....waiting for the Chevelle 454 to make its return....as long as they don't do the 4 door version. I'd really love to see a slightly modernized version of the 55 chevy, now that would be sweet.

speedingpenguin said:

i believe you can follow the lead on "pinks".

buy a $200 fox...
stick a used 5.0l HO <$500
$400.00 150hp nozzzz
headers
no exhaust
200.00 gears, n50-15 MT's on 36.00 steel rims, and run...

12's for a couple grand. and do wheelstands.

Well, i'll stick my nose in here some, heh. Being that I love so many different cars, for SO MANY different reasons, I try not to compare so much, and just accept what is out there, that's as far as any reason go's. Then i'm into my FTW MUSTANGS ROCKZORZ OMG!! attitude and i'm all talkin' trash on everything heh.

I think i'll go with the guys talking about sitting out about 4-6 years, and waiting. I'm going to wait and see. But honestly i've been a mustang guy for years, I dunno. Back in the day it was just a dope car, been a fan since I got my license and picked up a nice 87GT. I wont have the money for a new car for minimum 2 yrs, as I invested most of my money into CD's and other stuff ( I was really poor then won a settlement, but i'm young so I locked it up before doing something stupid), however, I will spend as much as 45-48K on a really nice trimmed stang in a couple years, and I think ford will do right by what we want, they're really backed into a corner and have no choice. I qoute that high of a price, because I plan to buy something very nice, I have'nt yet, in some time. The lady will likely get a 3 series.

The problem is, technology is catching up with mustangs, and not just stangs, but the dodge's too, even the vette may worry soon. I think ford knows that it needs to have a 4V motor in the GT, or atleast a 3V with more bore, or even take the 4.6 mod and bore it out to the 5.0 for marketing reasons, and let it sell like a mu***a, I hope they're not so stupid as not to cash in on what they could do with a 5.0 option in a new mustang....I think the GT will get the displacement we want, but I highly doubt it will get the technology for cutting off the 4 cyilnders, not in a mustang....and another thing, like the one guy said, not everything is about power and weight.

I really hope to see some variation of the 5.0 in the new GT's, even the cammer in a special edition would be nice. But the new stangs i'm sure will be more cub's, and less lbs. Ford can be dumb...obviously, and may not be perfect, but they dont take steps backwards.....(except for 1996-1998 LOL.) Sry but I cant stand the first gen 4.6. When I was 16 and wanting a stang more than anything, except maybe vagina.....the 4.6 was just coming out. Needless to say I was bummed, but I knew I had no cash for a new stang anyways, and just hoped the future would get better. I even won a nice 250$ bet with a friends uncle that the cobra would get a 4V+ supercharger!! I suggested it and bet him, for fun really, back in '99. At that moment we were driving in his '98 Cobra, red, convertable. Heh.

Anyone else remember when it was cool just to chirp second!!.....?? :rlaugh:

Edit: Oh yeah, I've never been much of a camaro guy, especially because of the horrible interiors, clunkyness, poor ride quality, reliability issues with the V8, and just...non-existent ergonomics.