What Exhaust Do You Have !!

nazstang

Mar 26, 2004
Rhode Island
Hey guys, i just wanted to start a post, to know what exhaust setups you guys are running out there. Where you guys can put up your exhaust combos, and tell us what you like and dislike about it.

I have FMS equal length jethot coated headers, to a bassani non-cat x-pipe, and to a mac catback, chromed tips.

The sound is pretty damn loud when you get on it, but pretty good(not very good) when your at cruise speed. Agressive throaty, with some popping. The fms and bassani, A+, but the mac's chrome tips c-, they've started to rust quickly.

• Sponsors (?)

I had 1 5/8" BBK ceramic longtubes, 2.5" bbk offroad H, 2.5" flowmaster 2 chambers on my 302 combo. Loud, aggressive, mean and sounded awesome.

The 347 is getting Bassani stepped longtubes, bassani 3" X pipe and i'll probably be keeping my 2.5" 2 chamber cat back. I can only imagine how loud this is gonna be :)

I had a mac cat back on my car too. You have to wash/wax the chrome tails weekly.

Stock headers, Bassani X w/cats, and stock catback with welded in 2 chamber Flows.

The sound is much louder than stock and is pretty good. I am looking to get rid of the 2 1/4" catback piping in favor of Bassani 2 1/2" piping with 3" tips. I hear that Bassani catbacks sound great with their X. I don't think my setup is a great match of parts, so I'm gonna fix that soon.

My exhaust sounds very aggressive when revving and when I'm getting on it (a real nice crackle sound). Idle is not loud, but once the gas is pushed the sound level climbs quickly.

Just got my car overhauled. Here is what I am running mac headers, bassani x pipe, Bassani cat back and chrome Bassani tips. The car sounds amazing. I have scared a few cameros who wanted to race just by the sound of the exhaust when I give'r a little gas.

Mac 1 5/8 Long tubes with 2.5 Mac Prochamber to Spintech Sportsmans and 2.5 Flowmaster tail....
System doesn't get louder as you get on it so to say...Just sounds ballsy... :nice:
Love the sound, kinda loud/quiet but has a crisp kinda tone when you get into it..No backfiring or popping when you let off it...that I like, as compared to an H pipe...
Cruising speed the car is actually pretty quiet....

Dislikes....As with all mufflers they have a drone zone around 2200 or so..

Mac Unequals 1 5/8, mac o/r prochamber, and mac flowpaths.

I love the way the setup sounds and I never grow tired of it. It's nice to hear somewhat of a distinct mustang sound. 2 of the guys I work with run equal lengths, o/r H's and flowmaster 2 chambers and while they sound pretty good. Most people agree that my setup sounds a little more aggressive smoother. If that makes any sense. I think their flowmaster setups sound a little overbearing and hollowish.

Only dislikes about the system: The prochamber box sits a lot lower than a regular H pipe, on my car which is lowered it sits like 2 inches from hitting the ground. It'll hit speedbumps if i'm not really careful. Then it ends up geting disaligned if I hit something and the bolts start working loose after a while. Not really the manufacturer's fault but just as a pre-caution to anyone with lowered cars.

I have BBK heat treated long tubes w/ BBK X-pipe and Cats. From there, I'm running FlowMaster 3 chamber exhaust.

I needed to remove the passenger side motor mount and jack the motor up to get the header on, but no big deal. Driver side goes on easy, by moving the steering arm out of the way temporarily. Lining up the X-Pipe with the headers takes some persuation of the foot and leg kind, but they eventually line up and lock together nicely.

I love it. Has a nice low raspy grumble. It's not a bad rasp though. Some people complain about the sound of the X-pipe, but I like it. Once you get on it, man it's fun.