UselessBanter What would you pay for this?

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
I'm going to try this out. I acknowledge the potential for this thread to go sideways but I'm going to try it anyway because I think it will be fun!

Rules in the next post.

What would [you] pay for this car?

mustang_svt_cobra-pic-6697130577811710500-1024x768.jpg

mustang_svt_cobra-pic-4997417977008437853-1024x768.jpg

mustang_svt_cobra-pic-5240154742097949071-1024x768.jpg

It's claimed to be an original 10,000-mile car.

• Sponsors (?)

Reminder: We do not conduct sales in Tech or Talk.

Post any car you like. Ownership or listed price or contact information should never enter into the thread. Please don't post the listings at all. Just the images and relevant information so that we can [muse] about what we think the car is worth (to us).

If it is a true 10k mile car, clean history with no rust or accidents, all VIN tags in place and doesn't need any work I'd say that $50k would be a good deal on it but would likely sell closer to $60-70k.

The teal with blk cloth is the rarest Cobra. On this car,the clutch pedal appears worn,the weatherstrip is torn by the rocker,not original shifter,black passenger armrest on door panel,and :poo:ty SVE hoses. 10k mile car? I don't think so.

Reactions: 2 users
Wrong battery
SVE hoses
R134a converted
Aftermarket floor mats
Torn door seal
Cupholder console
Hurst shifter boot
Aftermarket stereo

Gotta assume underside of the car is stock. No off-road Hpipe and flowmasters. I would need a paper trail on that $10k miles and would prefer if original parts would included.

I normally don’t nitpick others cars, but I’m assuming this one is meant to be “investor grade” so these details really do make a difference.

I’d give more money if it was a Teal/Black with sunroof. I’d go $35-40k but I know it will sell for more than that which is why I don’t have a ‘93 Cobra.

I kick myself for not giving $15k for this one that my neighbor had (had body damage)

Low mileage and clean or not he's removed some very specific 93 cobra parts that decrease the value of it to a true original collector, the original struts and strut plates are worth a good amount. That cars been "restored" what 10k mile car has the wrong color arm rest pads on it and a clutch pedal pad that looks worse then ones I've replaced on 200k mile cars? Personally it just another fox body that happens to have a D in the vin. Unless he has all the missing parts 20k tops but I don't buy mustang as an investment, to many people have made that a business and have very little ethics with in it.

I'd bid on this long before that one https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-539230/1993-ford-mustang-svt-cobra/

Last edited:
That ones is almost like it has a pedigree.

Hell it has awards and specifically states they get to stay with the owner. That’s a whole different class of car right there.
I bet the asking price is close to what it hammers for even with the fees if the seller is pushing a 10k mileage claim.... They have the estimate much lower vs the Red one at the same auction yet I think its a better example both super low mileage "bubble" cars. Something like op posted I'd just build my own fobra there's too few of them and all the bubble cars are well documented, way to many salvage rebuilds and restore jobs been popping up these days and like i said there's no ethics in that business. I have better places to park my moǹey then gamble on a trophy car.

• Agree
I bet the asking price is close to what it hammers for even with the fees if the seller is pushing a 10k mileage claim.... They have the estimate much lower vs the Red one at the same auction yet I think its a better example both super low mileage "bubble" cars. Something like op posted I'd just build my own fobra there's too few of them and all the bubble cars are well documented, way to many salvage rebuilds and restore jobs been popping up these days and like i said there's no ethics in that business. I have better places to park my moǹey then gamble on a trophy car.
That's what I'm doing.

MRaburn and I spent a bit of time tracking some of those trailer-fire rebuilds on the "Bring a Trailer" site. :rolleyes: In one, we found a full set of aftermarket seat covers being sold as original. :O_o:

I'm intrigued by Cobras and Cobra Rs, but honestly, I feel like I'm in the cat-bird seat. The investors don't want the ones I do. I like the Cobras and Cobra Rs because they represent the best of the fox body, which has been 'the car of my life,' and I think it'd be cool to own one. That said, I'm not like most 'investors' in that I don't give a damn about an original car. I don't think there's anything special about an original car other than the fact that I'd know no one else has screwed anything up on it, yet. To me, a fox is SUPPOSED to be modded to the owner's liking, and I don't think a stock Cobra/R would be fun to drive. Therefore, it's exceedingly unlikely that I'll ever own a stock one. On the other hand, I would happily pay less money for a modded/ higher mileage Cobra/R, if in good shape, with some nice mods. So, since the title is named, "What would YOU pay..." the answer is ~$20-30k. But I'll also answer the question as some are interpretting: the market value, I'd guess is in the $50-60k range.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm intrigued by Cobras and Cobra Rs, but honestly, I feel like I'm in the cat-bird seat. The cars investors don't want are the ones I do. I like the Cobras and Cobra Rs because they represent the best of the fox body, which has been 'the car of my life,' and I think it'd be cool to own one. That said, I'm not like most 'investors' in that I don't give a damn about an original car. I don't think there's anything special about an original car other than the fact that I'd know no one else has screwed anything up on it, yet. To me, a fox is SUPPOSED to be modded to the owner's liking, and I don't think a stock Cobra/R would be fun to drive. Therefore, it's exceedingly unlikely that I'll ever own a stock one. On the other hand, I would happily pay less money for a modded/ higher mileage Cobra/R, if in good shape, with some nice mods. So, since the title is named, "What would YOU pay..." the answer is ~$20-30k. But I'll also answer the question as some are interpretting: the market value, I'd guess is in the $50-60k range.
I like Resto-Mods too :D

No... Truly. I do appreciate a fully original Mustang but in somebody else's corral. But let's face it, these cars rolled off of the showroom floor just [begging] for more power. :shrug:

The beauty is that you don't need 500+ HP to make these things insane on the street. Fokkin rocket go-karts.

• PlusOne
Been a while since I’ve seen an original car, but do the front hood bumpers usually have overspray on them from the factory? And I’m pretty sure the original ground screws on the front apron were green.
Just two more things that would make me a little leery of its “originality”.

I'm intrigued by Cobras and Cobra Rs, but honestly, I feel like I'm in the cat-bird seat. The investors don't want the ones I do. I like the Cobras and Cobra Rs because they represent the best of the fox body, which has been 'the car of my life,' and I think it'd be cool to own one. That said, I'm not like most 'investors' in that I don't give a damn about an original car. I don't think there's anything special about an original car other than the fact that I'd know no one else has screwed anything up on it, yet. To me, a fox is SUPPOSED to be modded to the owner's liking, and I don't think a stock Cobra/R would be fun to drive. Therefore, it's exceedingly unlikely that I'll ever own a stock one. On the other hand, I would happily pay less money for a modded/ higher mileage Cobra/R, if in good shape, with some nice mods. So, since the title is named, "What would YOU pay..." the answer is ~$20-30k. But I'll also answer the question as some are interpretting: the market value, I'd guess is in the $50-60k range.
Pretty much how I feel too, the rare ones I wouldn't modify and would want completely original for the value. That said, my junk started out as a 4 banger and is being built into what Ford should have done for a perfect notch in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
Been a while since I’ve seen an original car, but do the front hood bumpers usually have overspray on them from the factory? And I’m pretty sure the original ground screws on the front apron were green.
Just two more things that would make me a little leery of its “originality”.

No, but the pic looks a bit pixelated on my screen in those areas. As much as i want to say they are not green and there's overspray, i can almost convince myself they are green and there isn't any.

Really need a better high res pic

If I had limitless money and this was an auction, I'd pay more than I thought it was worth. I'd probably go to $40k for it. There's no reasoning or justification, its just a car I've always wanted and would fork out a hefty sum for it.