UselessBanter What would you pay for this?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm intrigued by Cobras and Cobra Rs, but honestly, I feel like I'm in the cat-bird seat. The investors don't want the ones I do. I like the Cobras and Cobra Rs because they represent the best of the fox body, which has been 'the car of my life,' and I think it'd be cool to own one. That said, I'm not like most 'investors' in that I don't give a damn about an original car. I don't think there's anything special about an original car other than the fact that I'd know no one else has screwed anything up on it, yet. To me, a fox is SUPPOSED to be modded to the owner's liking, and I don't think a stock Cobra/R would be fun to drive. Therefore, it's exceedingly unlikely that I'll ever own a stock one. On the other hand, I would happily pay less money for a modded/ higher mileage Cobra/R, if in good shape, with some nice mods. So, since the title is named, "What would YOU pay..." the answer is ~$20-30k. But I'll also answer the question as some are interpretting: the market value, I'd guess is in the $50-60k range.
I would have to ask why over pay for the name on the title in that case, they all most all ways will command a higher price unless the market really changes. other then that there not really special. You can build one better for a hell of a lot less if the body is the appeal. That's one thing I will never understand, people who search for a old original or limited production version of a car, over pay for it just to cut it up and redo almost every thing...

Too me the appeal of the fox body has all ways been a cheap toy that ford raided the parts bin on, the cars are literally tin cans spot welded together.... Its not like the didn't make millions and for the fox very few of the parts are special or the aftermarket hasn't produced better versions. I honestly never gave a :poo: about branding or having something as a status symbol. Like new mustangs, If they ever started to offer a body in white with a vin, I'd build my own. I don't want or Need most of the crap in today's cars but tech sells and the government loves to mandate stupid stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed across the board. I'd like having an actual 93 Cobra because they're special to me and it would make me feel good, even though I recognize and agree with everything you said.

Latest collection through the auction.

62A9E181-0138-4B25-810F-EC45CF7E4239.jpeg

Can anyone help me price this one? If I can figure out what the market value is, I will make an offer.

From the Ad:
1998 Saleen S351 Supercharged #028
28,XXX miles - 6 Speed T56
351 Ford with Vortech supercharger from Saleen
Long list of receipts. Known Issue with fuel was fixed. All new Fuel system added. Receipts with all work done. New AC lines, New SC Hoses. New Fuel Filters, New Plug Wires, New Distributor, New Coil, New Plugs, New Tires all the way around (Toyo R88 on rear) , New Optima battery, New Synthetic Mobil One Oil Change.
10 S351's were built in 1998, this is one of one in this combo- read letter in pic

Additional notes from documents below:
AFR185 heads (stock are TFS)
Scat internals
Tuned at HPP Performance in Dallas... they do a good job. Had one of mine done there.

I think the aftermarket parts detract from its value, but they're so rare, it's hard to figure the fair market value. I would appreciate feedback & a sanity check on what you think it's worth.

1677889795310.png

1677889833735.png

_nc_ohc=gMRQ2OraX-0AX_ne5Py&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Invoice1.jpg

Invoice2.jpg

Invoice3.jpg

Invoice4.jpg

Invoice5.jpg

paperwork.jpg

Can anyone help me price this one? If I can figure out what the market value is, I will make an offer.

From the Ad:
1998 Saleen S351 Supercharged #028
28,XXX miles - 6 Speed T56
351 Ford with Vortech supercharger from Saleen
Long list of receipts. Known Issue with fuel was fixed. All new Fuel system added. Receipts with all work done. New AC lines, New SC Hoses. New Fuel Filters, New Plug Wires, New Distributor, New Coil, New Plugs, New Tires all the way around (Toyo R88 on rear) , New Optima battery, New Synthetic Mobil One Oil Change.
10 S351's were built in 1998, this is one of one in this combo- read letter in pic

Additional notes from documents below:
AFR185 heads (stock are TFS)
Scat internals
Tuned at HPP Performance in Dallas... they do a good job. Had one of mine done there.

I think the aftermarket parts detract from its value, but they're so rare, it's hard to figure the fair market value. I would appreciate feedback & a sanity check on what you think it's worth.

1677889795310.png

1677889833735.png

_nc_ohc=gMRQ2OraX-0AX_ne5Py&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Invoice1.jpg

Invoice2.jpg

Invoice3.jpg

Invoice4.jpg

Invoice5.jpg

paperwork.jpg
I'm almost positive that's the S351 I went and checked out in person for @95steedamustang, I'll have to go back through my texts/emails with him to figure out what he was asking back then and there were some issues with the paint being "stained" in some places. It looked like a good driver, but certainly not up to K and K standards especially since he would have needed to repaint it.

I have pics/vids of it I can text you, I just watched and can confirm it's number 28. PM me your phone number.

Last edited:
Badass! Thank you very much. I still don't know what the value of it is, and I wouldn't mind paying what market value is for it because I would still enjoy driving something like that and not feeling bad about beating on it. However, there's no way I'm paying what he's asking, now.

Ouch a one of 10 and it needed all that? the value on those are the unmolested bubble cars, still rare though. Old school lock wired heads and a ton of work redone on it so it was probably beat on pretty hard. That's a what are you willing to risk purchase, some one might over pay for it but that's a big if... Kind of reminds me of an s351 clone this guy got taken on.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0I8yyuvV0g&t=716s

So here's a Google album with the pics/videos I took of the car back when I checked it out for Kevin. I was pointing out some things that might be considered minor to some, as any car Kevin has either already is perfect, or will be made perfect with the only exceptions being the 100% original low number/high value cars. The car seems like a solid driver car, but should not be priced anywhere near the top end of what they have sold for... I'd think $32k-$36k would be fair for the buyer/seller, but that's my own opinion.

• Loved It!
Price on it is $48.5. @Noobz347 can shut this down if disclosing that is wrong. My takeaway is that I'm stopping. It's the ideal car for a guy that doesn't want a pristine stocker, but it's definitely not priced or represented accordingly. I learned a hell of a lot more about the car, here. Just not enough pics and details in the listing.

Last edited:
Ouch a one of 10 and it needed all that? the value on those are the unmolested bubble cars, still rare though. Old school lock wired heads and a ton of work redone on it so it was probably beat on pretty hard. That's a what are you willing to risk purchase, some one might over pay for it but that's a big if... Kind of reminds me of an s351 clone this guy got taken on.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0I8yyuvV0g&t=716s

Unreal. If this guy's telling the truth, he should take legal action. It was clearly fraudulently represented with the intent to profit by selling for more than market value. Also, this guy is hard to feel sorry for. He says he got screwed on 2 previous deals and still didn't learn buyer beware... To buy sight unseen is F'ing crazy.

Unreal. If this guy's telling the truth, he should take legal action. It was clearly fraudulently represented with the intent to profit by selling for more than market value. Also, this guy is hard to feel sorry for. He says he got screwed on 2 previous deals and still didn't learn buyer beware... To buy sight unseen is F'ing crazy.
Unless you're this guy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUKwbrg_Qhg