What's the best way to roll the fenders?

• Sponsors (?)

It very easy. Done it to about four cars. Pump the back tires to about 50 psi. You don't want the itres to give when pressure is applied. Otherwise the tire gives, and the roll effect doesn't work as well. Start the bat at the back. As it starts to grab, push the bad down as another person idles the car forward. May need to give a little gas to get it rolling. Take your time. Roll it till it gets only as far as you need it, then stick it in reverse until it is back where you started. Repeat until it yeilds the rolls you want. If you want more, have a person sit on the edge of the quarter panel behind the tire. Sometimes you even have to jack up the body to get the bat in depending on the ride hieght.

you can also use a body hammer and a shot bag. the shot bag goes on the outside of the fender to absorbe the shock of the hammer blows os the fender maintains is proper shape.

19simmons65 said:
Sounds like an episode of Monster Garage on day 6. 10secgoal drive up from San Diego with a Padres bat and we can give it a try. :)

Hehe, If I'm doing the work, you need to do the driving ! :D

rbohm...That's the way I just did it. The bad wasn't quite enough. Smashed em good. No distortion in the outer lip.Except I used a 3lb sledge :rlaugh: