Which EFI

I got mine from DIYAutoTune.com as well, and the only other thing I needed was the Innovate wideband guage/controller/O2 setup for it. I'd say also make sure you buy the license for the software for full feature set and logging.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh the upgraded version. What is the upgraded version going to give me that the basic doesn't?
It's been a few years so it might have changed, but IIRC it was a lesser feature set that didn't include things like logging, auto tune, etc. I really don't recall, but I'm sure you can find it in the documentation or email DIY Auto Tune.

I'll go ahead and email them, I looked on the website and didn't see anything obvious. I did see that I'll need to test my CLT and IAT sensors to calibrate them in the program...They suggest I use a GM IAT sensor in the intake tube rather than in the manifold runner due to heat soak.... opinions?

Attachments

• 20231129_164248.jpg
    20231129_164248.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 22
Does anyone know how weldable an SVE CAI is? It looks the be decent quality...I think I would get an aluminum bungee welded to the intake tube for my factory IAT sensor. I would rather move the wire in my new harness then slice in a GM sensor.

Does anyone know how weldable an SVE CAI is? It looks the be decent quality...I think I would get an aluminum bungee welded to the intake tube for my factory IAT sensor. I would rather move the wire in my new harness then slice in a GM sensor.
I can't say from experience as I don't have a TIG and never tried with the old SVE intake tube I had for a while, but I'm sure if you have a TIG and know how to use it you could make it work.

I would call DYIAutoTune being they make it and they should be able to answer all your questions and even sell it to you.

I know that "a91what" on here also sells them and can also remote tune. If you want his personal email message me and I will send it to you.

There's also an MS3Pro version

Differences include sequential injection vs batch on the MS3, and a few extra inputs. I'm actually trying to see if there is an extra PWM output for fan controller control.

Pulse Width Modulation

Basically its a way of delivering a signal to a device to control how much it opens or the speed. Examples are an Idle Air Controller, and some Fuel pumps and fan controllers control fan speed this way.

Reactions: 1 user
PimpXS is also sequential for less money than the DIY.

I relocated the IAT from #5 to right behind the TB. From my experience intake air temps are only a portion of potential heat soak issues, the other being fuel temps. Relocation did help minimize swing in IAT temps, which did help some in ASE and initial cranking duty tuning.