Who makes the best Coil over shocks for my 94

• Sponsors (?)

Take a look at some of what Maximum Motorsports has to offer. You can have the front/rear spring rates specific to what your goals are.
For me, I'm going a mostly street driven car, but still want some transfer with a lowered look. I'd like to go with the 250lb/in front springs with the Tokico front coil over package. But that's just me.

Maximum Motorsports Mustang Front Coil-Over Kits

It does add up to a lot after you factor in the cost for the coil over front kit ( which comes with your springs and struts and hardware ), caster camber plate if you don't already have them, bump steer kit, and then rear springs and shocks if you're not going coil over in the rear.

I like the Maximum Motorsports brand but they are so pricey. I'm afraid to say UPR without this thread turning into a war. TeamZ is affordable and makes great stuff too. Like mentioned, depends on your needs.

Depends on what kind of setup you want. Is this going to be primarily for drag racing, or for hardcore street use?

Kurt

I primarily focused on street with very good track adjustability i'm not afraid of a harsh ride mine is pretty rough ride right now but no way to fine tune it for an autocross event or running on the track. I was looking at the Maximum motor sport stuff and all though it's nice to throw new stuff on the car how much better would a new K member be over the stock one by the time your done doing the K member and buying a good set of Bilsteins or Koni shocks and having it all installed your almost at $4K big bucks. So my thinking is spend the money on really good set of coil over shocks and springs and i'll probably see a bigger improvement for half the money installed.

The maximum motorsports package I was looking at includes the front struts with the coil over kit. I noticed that some of the other companies don't offer the struts, which will add in additional costs. I believe they were around $375 for spring rates of choice, struts, and all other needed coil over parts for the front.

I primarily focused on street with very good track adjustability i'm not afraid of a harsh ride mine is pretty rough ride right now but no way to fine tune it for an autocross event or running on the track. I was looking at the Maximum motor sport stuff and all though it's nice to throw new stuff on the car how much better would a new K member be over the stock one by the time your done doing the K member and buying a good set of Bilsteins or Koni shocks and having it all installed your almost at $4K big bucks. So my thinking is spend the money on really good set of coil over shocks and springs and i'll probably see a bigger improvement for half the money installed.

You don't have to spend $4k to replace your front and rear suspension with quality components, including coilovers.

You don't have to spend $4k to replace your front and rear suspension with quality components, including coilovers.

I run old D&D's but I have been told the Strange and Maximum ones are very nice.

I have strange coil overs on mine, all has been good. The coil over kit was from team z

Hey guys thanks so much that gives me something to look into have any of you heard of Agent 47 suspensions? They are quite pricey they use Penske coil overs.

I've never known anyone who uses agent 47 and if rhey are really expensive I wouldn't be all into that. I put a tubular k member in my car and I'm not totally convinced it was a good idea. When I took the stock one out I rwized that it wasn't that heavy at all. There might be a few lbs difference, but I don't think it was worth the money and work. I know a few people who run Strange struts and they don't like them. They leak constantly and have to be rebuilt too often. I still think Qa1s are a good choice for drag racing, but the best choices would probably be Team Z for drag racing and Maximum Motorsports for street handling.

Kurt

I've heard the Agent 47 SLA set up is top notch for road racing. If I had the $$ I would be all over it. Only problem is it's pretty much the exact setup they use on their race cars so it might be a little overkill for a street car... Increased NVH due to solid bushings. Griggs makes a front SLA kit that's more street friendly but it's also more expensive.

I've never known anyone who uses agent 47 and if rhey are really expensive I wouldn't be all into that. I put a tubular k member in my car and I'm not totally convinced it was a good idea. When I took the stock one out I rwized that it wasn't that heavy at all. There might be a few lbs difference, but I don't think it was worth the money and work. I know a few people who run Strange struts and they don't like them. They leak constantly and have to be rebuilt too often. I still think Qa1s are a good choice for drag racing, but the best choices would probably be Team Z for drag racing and Maximum Motorsports for street handling.

Kurt

I've heard the Agent 47 SLA set up is top notch for road racing. If I had the $$ I would be all over it. Only problem is it's pretty much the exact setup they use on their race cars so it might be a little overkill for a street car... Increased NVH due to solid bushings. Griggs makes a front SLA kit that's more street friendly but it's also more expensive.

I did some research on the suspensions that were suggested the Team Z and UPR suspension set up's are really drag race dedicated not what i'm looking at the Maximum Motorsport suspension still seams to be a good choice. The Agent 47 suspension seams awesome and i may go that route the kit has Penske Nitrogen filled coil over shocks but the kit costs $4,400 but you need to do fender mods also not so sure i want to go that deep into cutting my car up i'm kind of leaning towards the MM kit any thoughts? I'll look into the Griggs set up and get back to you. If anyone has info on the Agent 47 kit i'd love to hear from you on the install.

I haven't heard that fender mods were needed for the A47 kit, but I know some other kits need it because they move the front wheels too far forward. Let me know what you find on that. I have the QA1 k-member and it moved my front wheels ahead 3/4" but no fender mods were required.

Racebronco2 on SVTP forums has the A47 kit, maybe you could find out some more info from him.
SLA Front Suspension - SVTPerformance

I also have a QA1 K-member which moved my wheels way forward. My car is slammed to the ground in the front, and it doesn't rub as far as I know.

Kurt

Wow, $4400 is just ridiculous in my opinion. You don't have to spend that kind of coin to get what you want. If you don't want to get a "drag racing" on then there is Maximum, Steeda, etc. If if you never go to the 1/4" those kits are still solid for other types of racing. Just don't get the solid bushings. I had an all Steeda set up on my 94 (they use QA1 K-Members) and it was top notch. I used the stock A-Arms, just ground them down to fit the K-Member. Even if you have to piece one together, don't spend $4400.