why do you drive a fox?

BK, has the kid you traded your coupe to for the 98 tried getting ahold of you? lol. i guarantee you he left that lot with his g/f in the notch, drove 20 minutes down the road before she said "if you keep this thing, you will never PIITB again" and thats why he bugged out and tried to get his 98 back. lol.

the only reason ide ever take an sn95 over my fox, is b/c girls like sn95's. but i dont need a car to get girls so im all set. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I picked up my Capri cause I've always been a sucker for them (if they look right / like mine..lol). The notches hurt me bad too. The Capri doesn't see bad weather now, and it's pretty rude. It's loud, uncomfortable, and runs like a raped ape. All the things that make it fun w/ the t-tops off in the summer.

The 96 is my DD. It's starting to go downhill kinda fast, but it's paid off too so I'll keep fixing it and fixing it. Pic links are in my sig.

I've always had a soft spot for the five liter cars dating back to my 90 GT. They were street terrors (when modded and driven right) when I was in high school and schooling anything the General had around our area.

I don't drive a 5L fox unless it is a nice day, and if I am not out on my bike.

04GT DD: I appreciate how the car handles in the snow, that it doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention, and the interior is more comfortable than my 93.

93: Vortech whistle, pop corn cam, most old-school muscle car guys tell me that they have always like the "notch" body style the best and it's a little rude without being spartan.

The wrong kind of attention! Thats it!:hail2: The 5.0 attracts the wrong kind of attention. Also, girls like the SN95?:shrug: Not mine, she says they're not "angry" enough(and I didn't coach that answer, she said it). I love her. Comfortable isn't part of the 5.0 equation, nor should it be- old school. If I wanted comfort, I'd buy a Lexus. I like the wrong kind of attention, for all the right reasons. When a proper 5.0 comes around the corner, men should stare in hypnotic envy, be drawn to it:eek:, and the women and children should go inside and hide. Cuz beasts are rude.

The wrong kind of attention! Thats it!:hail2: The 5.0 attracts the wrong kind of attention. Also, girls like the SN95?:shrug: Not mine, she says they're not "angry" enough(and I didn't coach that answer, she said it). I love her. Comfortable isn't part of the 5.0 equasion, nor should it be- old school. If I wanted comfort, I'd buy a Lexus. I like the wrong kind of attention, for all the right reasons. When a proper 5.0 comes around the corner, men should stare in hypnotic envy, be drawn to it:eek:, and the women and children should go inside and hide. Cuz beasts are rude.

haha, got yourself a good girl. my woman is much more concerned with shoes haha

BK, has the kid you traded your coupe to for the 98 tried getting ahold of you? lol. i guarantee you he left that lot with his g/f in the notch, drove 20 minutes down the road before she said "if you keep this thing, you will never PIITB again" and thats why he bugged out and tried to get his 98 back. lol.

the only reason ide ever take an sn95 over my fox, is b/c girls like sn95's. but i dont need a car to get girls so im all set. :nice:

Not THIS girl. :nonono:

Bk... :fuss: :cry:

Notch > ANY sn95. omgwtfbbq...

Man, you have no idea- she was the first person to ride shotgun, when I got my first 5.0, the first person to run shotgun at the strip(she doesn't wanna drive, though:shrug:) and, when I brought home my current LX, the first words outta her mouth were, and I can quote,"Its too quiet, get your old mufflers!" Doesn't hurt that she laughs at my dumb ass jokes, and looks like Jenny McCarthy, either!

I grew up in a navy town where there were mostly imports. There were a lot of SN95s too. But there was this one beautiful white car that sat behind an apartment complex under a big blue tarp for years. I start working with this guy who has recently gotten out of the navy. He tells me about his mustang everyday. Turns out that mustang he was talking about was the amazing white car under the big blue tarp. He moves and I buy it. Now I drive the car I use to drive by everyday and only dream of owning. Thats why I drive a fox.

All those reasons aren't legit. Its because we can't afford Termis :D

I have actually had The Wife's blessing to buy both a Terminator and a GT500 over the years. Either would have meant getting rid of my LX. I declined both times. For me, it isn't about going as fast as possible. I've built up my car over the last decade with my own hands and it means a lot more to me than a new car would.

Oh I agree, my old car I would literally do anything to have back. I put so much of my blood, sweat, tears and not to mention money on that thing that it was literally priceless to me.

cliffnotes: Fox bods rule.

I was a sophmore in hs when the 85 GT was released. That was the first car I truly fell in love with. I thought the earlier Fox bods were "ok" but I just wasn't that into them. All it took was a few changes in design and suddenly those little suckers were the coolest thing going. Up until that point I always assumed I would get a classic hot rod since those were the cars I grew up with. My father had a 68 Chevelle SS, a C2 Corvette and there were several built up hot rods roaming the neighborhood: a '71 Road Runner, a Nova and a nasty 67 Malibu. As much as I admired these cars though the problem is that I couldn't see myself driving them every day. That's where the 5.0 comes in. It may not have the personality and heritage as some of those cars but it had a clean, no-nonsense look to it and most importantly, it was more modern and smaller. The first time I saw a guy drop the clutch and get sideways laying down some rubber my fate was sealed. lol Some three years later I had my 85GT and I havn't looked back.

20-years later I still love these cars. There's just something about them. In terms of speed, time has certainly caught up to them. You know times have changed when you have all sorts of stock 4-doors that will hand a stock 5.0 it's hat (yes, you may not like it but it's true. Not every Fox bod is a Speed density 5-speed LX coupe. lol). That's fine with me. The funny thing is, all these newer cars always seem to want to test the 5.0. I daily my '92 and I am constantly having people egging me on or trying to show me up. That tells me that the 5.0, even to this day, is still relevant. People still want to see how they stack up against one. I'll admit that I've also gotten spoiled by not having a car note. Part of the reason is that these cars still give me everything I need....and for a lot less money. I like the newer Mustangs but so far I don't like any them enough to actually buy one. lol The only two I would really consider are the '03 Cobra (a lot of the excitement has worn though) and the 2010 GT500 but price is definitley an issue with that thing.

With that said; I drive a Fox because for the money, these cars are still very hard to beat. I have to admit that part of me likes driving a car that is somewhat unique compared to hundreds of cookie-cutter $20-40k sedans I see every day.

My first car was a 90 LX 2.3L coupe, it was slow as all get out but I loved that car. I new nothing about cars at the time but I loved the look of the Fox Mustangs. I had replaced the 4 banger car with a truck for a daily and decided to have a fun weeknd car; a Mustang 5.0 was the logical choice in my mind.

So I fell in love on aesthetics, but now that I have learned my way around the garage this is my take...

Still love the design and feel of the car
Don't see a ton of them around here, even on a summer day
Ease of modification
Crap loads of aftermarket
The sound of the 5.0 does it for me...
A reliable platform, I have seen these stock go over 200k un touched stock

I'll always be a fox guy...I might add to my collection with other years though. I want something DOHC in the future.

All those reasons aren't legit. Its because we can't afford Termis :D

But really I will always have a special place in my heart for foxes and I will own another one soon.

Not so...I could have a 03-04 Cobra if I wanted, and I will some day but I am not board with my 5.0 yet. That will be the only reason to get a Terminator, and it will be the #2 Mustang in the fleet if you know what I mean.

cliffnotes: Fox bods rule.

I was a sophmore in hs when the 85 GT was released. That was the first car I truly fell in love with. I thought the earlier Fox bods were "ok" but I just wasn't that into them. All it took was a few changes in design and suddenly those little suckers were the coolest thing going. Up until that point I always assumed I would get a classic hot rod since those were the cars I grew up with. My father had a 68 Chevelle SS, a C2 Corvette and there were several built up hot rods roaming the neighborhood: a '71 Road Runner, a Nova and a nasty 67 Malibu. As much as I admired these cars though the problem is that I couldn't see myself driving them every day. That's where the 5.0 comes in. It may not have the personality and heritage as some of those cars but it had a clean, no-nonsense look to it and most importantly, it was more modern and smaller. The first time I saw a guy drop the clutch and get sideways laying down some rubber my fate was sealed. lol Some three years later I had my 85GT and I havn't looked back.

20-years later I still love these cars. There's just something about them. In terms of speed, time has certainly caught up to them. You know times have changed when you have all sorts of stock 4-doors that will hand a stock 5.0 it's hat (yes, you may not like it but it's true. Not every Fox bod is a Speed density 5-speed LX coupe. lol). That's fine with me. The funny thing is, all these newer cars always seem to want to test the 5.0. I daily my '92 and I am constantly having people egging me on or trying to show me up. That tells me that the 5.0, even to this day, is still relevant. People still want to see how they stack up against one. I'll admit that I've also gotten spoiled by not having a car note. Part of the reason is that these cars still give me everything I need....and for a lot less money. I like the newer Mustangs but so far I don't like any them enough to actually buy one. lol The only two I would really consider are the '03 Cobra (a lot of the excitement has worn though) and the 2010 GT500 but price is definitley an issue with that thing.

With that said; I drive a Fox because for the money, these cars are still very hard to beat. I have to admit that part of me likes driving a car that is somewhat unique compared to hundreds of cookie-cutter $20-40k sedans I see every day.

Back when I used to own a 2003 Spec V, I would read up on difference performance aspects of stock parts and when I found out that the factory Nissan 4cyl head flow'd better than my box stock Edel heads on my 5L I bust out laughing.

A Fox has the tri-five following: such that with nostalgic Americans, it won't matter how fast a 4-door whatzit or whoseit comes out, the Fox will reside in the hearts of many.

As far as new sedans wanting to play, I had a brand new Beaver TL try to mess with me going home the other day, but the other driver probably didn't realize that although he has more hp, his car is a lot more porkier than my piggy. I didn't feel like wasting my gas and a TL is an easy kill. If it was the new G37 it would have been a better run, but not on the street of course.