Wondering where I should go from here..

iLLesTBullitt

May 10, 2005
Hi guys, quick backround - just entered college at Boston University and left my car from HS at home although i dont want to abandon it because i'll have it for the next 4 years (in sig) and thought about all the money i spent on audio and it was a waste, so im going to sell my 2 systems and should get 3 grand for them. I want to take half into my bank account and put the other, 1500$, into the engine as a winter project/summer

My question is what do you think I can do that would be the best bang for the buck at my stage in the game. Have to include labor prices except for very easy stuff like upping the boost and puttin a smaller pully on which i can do myself, and stuff like if i wanted wider rear tires i can do that too.

My main concerns were that if i upped the boost and all it would be harmful on the engine, so i would need forged internals? how much would all of this cost, i think one of the options i could do is up it to like 9 lbs of boost, put a midpipe on and then dyno tune it and be at just about my 1500$ mark with maybe money left over for new tires

Idk im gonna stop talking, any suggestions would be great, thanks! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, the bullit suspension is DECENT enough, not great by any means, but better than a GT. i would get some nice blower cams and a set of L/T headers to really wake up that blown beast. expect ~45-50 rwhp w/ both mods and a tune

iLLesTBullitt said:
i would get that but thats over 1500$..got to include labor, and then the dyno tune for 500$. So blower cams and l/t and dyno woul dbe way out of the question

Honestly you won't be able to do any motor work for $1500 if you can't do the work yourself. Put a nitrous kit on to help cool the aircharge of your blower and give it more zing, if power is what you are looking for. You could easily do that for $1500 installed.

iLLesTBullitt said:
i would get that but thats over 1500$..got to include labor, and then the dyno tune for 500$. So blower cams and l/t and dyno woul dbe way out of the question
true, too much $, what was i thinking......
well at least get some blower cams
Cams & Springs=$700
Install=$350
Dyno Tune=$400

there you go

Yeah, nitrous is out of the question..but if cams are that cheap (thought they were more expensive), although i dont know where to get them - but if i can get them for a good price id do that and then maybe a smaller pulley and then dyno it..that'd be cool

you think thats better than doing like, smaller pulley + headers/midpipe and then dyno?

Thanks for the suggestions, takin alot down

iLLesTBullitt said:
Yeah, nitrous is out of the question..but if cams are that cheap (thought they were more expensive), although i dont know where to get them - but if i can get them for a good price id do that and then maybe a smaller pulley and then dyno it..that'd be cool

you think thats better than doing like, smaller pulley + headers/midpipe and then dyno?

Thanks for the suggestions, takin alot down
i wouldnt push boost too much. im assuming youre not intercooled.
youre stock cams are a limiting factor now. the blower is pushing all this air, but your stock cams are still only openeing and staying open the stock amount. get some aggressive cams that will really let all that air into the comb. cham.!:hail2:

Cool cool good suggestions, i think i'll either get a intercooler and up boost/dyno it, or get up boost without an intercooler and get blower cams/dyno tune it
Will do research on both, thanks for the suggestions