wtf??

so i clicked on an advertisement on the bottom of the page. it advertised a Kia with a V8. I am not a Kia fan (in fact i think KIA is an acronym for Keep It Away) but one of my best friends dad works as a regional something or other for them in the chicagoland area. when i see him conversations usually get into cars.

So i am looking and this new Kia V8 makes 337hp and 323tq on a 4.6L engine?!?!!???

what is going on? i think the world is going to implode. also dont forget that Kia is owned by Hyundai, so there might be potential that this thing could be put into some future version of a sick Tiburon. the next Tiburon (or Hyundai coupe) will be RWD and based on the chassis that can accommodate the V8 motor.

discuss.

• Sponsors (?)

Those are the statistics....I want the specifications. ;)

Is it an all aluminum engine? Does it for certain use a DOHC configuration? Does it use variable valve/intake technoligy? Is it of high/low compression? etc.

Those are the statistics....I want the specifications. ;)

Is it an all aluminum engine? Does it for certain use a DOHC configuration? Does it use variable valve/intake technoligy? Is it of high/low compression? etc.

this link makes mention of all aluminum DOHC but says nothing of variable valve timing.

and as i was looking around i found that the RWD platform hyundai is getting will not be the next Tiburon. it will be called the Genesis Coupe. and it will be marketed in the same class as the mustang. see it here

What are those picture from?

i dont have a clue, i just stumbled across them. but it does show were Hyundai is going to try to place the Genesis coupe in the marketplace.

we will see if the market responds. my guess is that we will end up seeing high school kids with the v6 models thinking they are hot s***

EDIT: although now that i think about it thats usually how the v6 mustang crowd is. although not all of them are like that. (i am a former v6 owner and i was not like that)

Hyundai has 2 new engines coming out. the said V8 mentioned above and a 260 hp V6. Both are all aluminum DOHC designs. Both are also the first ever engines designed and built by Hyundai themselves. As far as a Hyundai is concerned, they have really come a long way in the past 5 years. For the money and value/features, and the warranty you get I would strongly consider one over the more popular over priced Toyota's and Honda's. IMO Ford has the best value out there with the Fusion, but it's still underpowered (typical Ford. lol)

its the tau v8...its gonne be in the hyundai genesis sedan...but it makes 375 hp in that one I believe...must be a detuned version

There is no tiburon any more I believe.

Thyre making a genesis coupe which will be RWD with either a 2.0t or 3.8 v6

I remember seeing Hyundai article in a road and track or car and driver a year or two ago talking about the supposed 300 horsepower Mustang killer. We will see if they ever make the car and when they do it will most likely not be what it was hyped up to be.

I had an 03 tiburon GT...I slapped an eaton blower on it and it was a really solid car. Sounded unbelievably good too. I got sick of FWD though. You guys would be surprised.

n501747508_190903_7513.jpg

n501747508_190907_9122.jpg

n501747508_190910_6300.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v151/85/14/501747508/n501747508_190911_6532.jpg

Honestly I always thought Hyundai was trash, but after I drove that the first time I was hooked.