F113C5A7-933E-4479-A5B9-029C6083180D.jpeg
547048CC-EF83-4A10-A045-BC80ABD6DD6E.jpeg
C7E91689-15A8-4FD9-88DD-229D0414D1C6.jpeg
366D34E8-403F-403E-B53E-228F12ED9B5E.jpeg

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

The ford factory black is not pure black. It has other colors added in such as brown. That’s why I’m using a house of kolor straight black as my base color. It is 100% black. Nothing added. The link you sent is also a straight black in and enamel single stage form.
Quick side track question. The Ford color ebony is a true black correct? I was looking to paint some pieces on my car and thought about this paint https://www.paintforcars.com/produc...el-auto-paint-super-gloss-jet-black-1-gallon/

Is there a special tint to Ford black or will a pure black like this work?

So for a touch up it would be best to get a Ford Ebony touch up color? It’s $108 for a quart from the same place I ordered our c4 ruby red which matched perfectly.
Is there a better price to get an exact match on paint? Planning to do my fender and spoiler so don’t want it to stick out

So for a touch up it would be best to get a Ford Ebony touch up color? It’s $108 for a quart from the same place I ordered our c4 ruby red which matched perfectly.
Is there a better price to get an exact match on paint? Planning to do my fender and spoiler so don’t want it to stick out
Yes. That’s what I would do. It will match perfect. Black is the easiest color to match as long it is the same black formula.

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users
A true artist you are, those pieces look amazing. Making me excited to start learning bodywork and paint
how do you plan to paint the wing? Not sure how it would hang to get both sides well.

A true artist you are, those pieces look amazing. Making me excited to start learning bodywork and paint
how do you plan to paint the wing? Not sure how it would hang to get both sides well.
I’ve already painted it. It’s back in this thread. Not sure which page. Anyway, I have a stand that rotates it 360 degrees so no problem

Reactions: 1 user