B36C7AF4-F7F5-4D40-A9FE-A5674F6726CA.jpeg
5AEF852E-073D-4404-B003-829DCFD7D4FF.jpeg
7C4EE783-B5CC-4302-B66E-89A30D4E1D13.jpeg
E5D66178-FCFF-4EA0-97DB-1474A3AC08C9.jpeg
0852805E-D80D-459C-B68A-51A348615891.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

This is kind of like watching a 1:25 scale model car get assembled. You need to hang up a Monogram or AMT banner in your shop. ;)

Are those spherical UCA bushings in the axle to the left of the car? If so, how streetable are they?

This is kind of like watching a 1:25 scale model car get assembled. You need to hang up a Monogram or AMT banner in your shop. ;)

Are those spherical UCA bushings in the axle to the left of the car? If so, how streetable are they?
Thanks man. Good idea.
those bushings work good in straight line cars but I just use them in rear ends that won’t require bushings for upper arms because upper arms aren’t used with a torque arm
Application which this car will have. It’s the easy to remove and use in another rear end that I like

VERY NICE! Painted or powder coat? In either case, how did you prep the cover?

I have a new Ford racing cover sitting on the shelf to go on when I tear into the 8.8, but the casting surface is just rough and porous aluminum that I know it will get dirty and uglied up in no time with normal road / track driving. Would you have any suggestions on the best way to coat it, even a clear coat to keep the cast look staying clean?

Sanded it with 80 grit, 150 grit, 320 grit, 400 grit, 600 grit and smoothed all the stuff your talking about. Then painted black base. 6 coats clear. Let it cure, sanded with 400 grit. Then did the extra painted stuff. Then cleared the whole thing again with 7 coats of clear. In short. If you want stuff to look this way it’s all grunt and hand work. Can u clear it as is....No. Clear will flake off if not properly prepped and sanded prior to

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the run-down on the process! I sort of guessed that it would be a lot of sanding and paint coats.
No problem. The easiest thing to do to make it look good and last is have someone sandblast and Powdercoat it. The blasting will knock a lot of the rough off and the powder will fill the imperfections better

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user