01 cobra goes poof on dyno

Trumps01Cobra

Jun 8, 2004
Alabama
Finally got the money for my supercharger (Ati Procharger P1sc 3core intercooler) I drive down to Pahandle Performance after waiting a dreaded week of not being able to smoke the tires; to watch the dyno runs. At 8psi it made 412rwhp/413 tq on a mustang dyno. So on the last run before i get the car back in my grasp POOF.... there goes the compression in the #8 piston. So what a run of bad luck :( What you guys think of Ross pistons and Scat rods? a good choice? i also am getting a new fuel pump to support the 14psi i am gonna be running with the car gets it new makeover. I am also getting some head work done to prevent smoke from coming out the back. I'll sumbit the new dyno numbers in a months time. Enjoy your COBRA guys :D I know i do... errr did

• Sponsors (?)

Ouch...mine went poof at the track this Saturday...and my new Viper tranny locked into 4th gear :mad: Tranny has 600 miles on it, so it's being fixed under warranty. New forged block is in the works. I'll be upping the boost as well. Was seeing 13 lbs on the stock block, so I'm thinking 15-16 on the new setup. :nice: Should be fun!

I would really be upset if it went poof on the dyno though.... :bang:

wheels and tires

Forgot to mention getting the bullit rims to go on it as well
17x8.5 front and 17x10.5 for rear.. going with nitto d/r 315/35/17s for rear so hopefully i'll get a little better traction.

Also with underdrive pullies, shorty headers, 3.73s,magnaflow mufflers (love the sound :lol: ) bbk o/r x-pipe, bbk cold air and eibach springs i made a best of

13.20 @ 104

Damn, that just made me think again about whether I really want to put a blower on mine sometime in the future. How many miles did you have on it before the blower? Did you do a compression check before putting it on?

From the sounds of it...his didn't really make it to the street.
Mine had a little over 7500 miles on it...but I knew I was pushing the limit.

Just curious how well does the IRS hold up to high hp/tq? Should i consider beefing it up or go with something like a ford 9" rear end?

The IRS, with 315 Nitto's and 450+RWHP = boom
Seriously, the IRS will fail...just a matter of when. The 9" is a little overkill IMHO. The 8.8 with 31 spline mosier and an auburn diff is a good starting point.