03 Cobra or not?

• Sponsors (?)

neoclasiccl said:
Congrats. You will probably mod it right away. The stock exhaust on the Cobra sounds like ASS. It's way to quiet.

If you go the KB route in the future just remember to do it right your going to need alot more than $3700 to do it right. Expect around $6000+ with all the extras and the dyno tune.

Not true...You can do the kit as is and run the blower with a custom tune for 4500 range at 20+psi. I always wondered why you only put out 17 psi...especially considering you spent all this extra on h/e etc.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Not true...You can do the kit as is and run the blower with a custom tune for 4500 range at 20+psi. I always wondered why you only put out 17 psi...especially considering you spent all this extra on h/e etc.

kirkyg

You forget you will need a new injectors, maf, plugs, install cost (these blowers are not drop shipped anymore), tune, boost a spark, and guages to keep an eye on things.

the stock fuel system is only good for around 500hp.

The stuff above costs around $2700.

neoclasiccl said:
Also 20psi on pump gas and a daily driver is just asking for trouble. :nice:

hmm...i dont remember which magazine its in but there is a guy that is a friend of a friend that owns a 725+ rwhp cobra. He runs pump gas with no spray. 24 pounds of boost with p&p heads on 94 octane. He's never blown his engine and he's run MANY MANY times. Last i heard he was running high 9's.

btw, on the rates i got 4.85% and yolu can get lower now if you get a loan from a credit union for up to 7 years.

kirkyg

Modular2v said:
what kind of mods can i do and still keep it a reliable daily driver?
Haha, this car isn't even reliable stock :rlaugh:

Anyway, do subframes, shifter, h or xpipe, catback and a CAI. ANd of course some nice tires. I would not swap the solid axle, there are some good IRS beef up pieces coming out now, and it handles and rides so much better its not worth sacrificing it just to go fast at the drag strip IMO.