302 engine swapped into a 67 coupe sixer?

can I get an amen brother You do what ever the hell you want with that car and make it the way you want and everyone else well they can stuff there 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' ass attitudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Go for the swap. I have a 67 coupe that had the I6 and 3 speed. Pulled the motor and tranny with the rearend out. Built a stroker from my 302 roller out of my 89 5.0 and got nearly 400 ponies. Picked up a used C4 from the paper and did the rebuild with a shift kit and little worries. The rearend is from a V* (paper again) that had the 5 lugs for only $75.00. Complete new suspension up front under $350.00. Front disk brakes from an old Granada, stuck to the drums inthe rear, just freshended up the rear and will add gears once complete and I see how she pulls. Waiting till the paint job is finished and then the interior and tires/rims. All in all I am under 5K but I am very mechanically inclined to include the body work, which I had very little. Picked up new fenders from California Mustang for $120.00. The doors from a bone stock in great shape being cut up for a tub job, $225.00. All in all it was not difficult, actually easier than the rebuilds I have done onthe list below.

Good Luck!

88 Mustang GT 56K miles, bone stock.
87/89/91 5.0
96 GT Bone stock
97 Cobra (pullies, exhaust, gears)
67 Coupe (under construction)
78 Corvette 67K, fresh 350 stock
03 Expedition
03 Ram, and no it doesnt have a Hemi!