347 stroker

karamitsos87

Dec 12, 2004
i have a 347 with stock ported heads.i have a 650 double pumper with an elderbrock rpm intake and a pretty wild cam.also 410 gears.the rest of the car is stock.its an 87 hatch.my question is i ran the car on regular street tires and i pulled a 13.1 at 110mph.shouldnt the car be running in the mid 12.

• Sponsors (?)

What's the rest of the combo. I'm really interested because I have started rebuilding my engine and I have Thumper heads (ported E7's) and would love to do a 347 if it's worth it and/or I can afford it.

manpowermustang said:
Im in the high 11', w/ my 347. I'd bet a set of high flowing heads might help.

His mph already shows high 11 sec potential. He wasnt asking what part of his combo to change. To get into the 11's he needs to hook NOT change his combo. 110mph is good for 11.90's. Maybe some tuning could help as well.

90mustangGT said:
What's the rest of the combo. I'm really interested because I have started rebuilding my engine and I have Thumper heads (ported E7's) and would love to do a 347 if it's worth it and/or I can afford it.

We're in the same boat, dude. I wanna do a stroker, but its just a matter if I wanna send the ca$h or not.If your gonna rebuild your engine I would definatly stroke it. You'll have a sweet foundation. Like im sure you know, you dont need any of that fancy heavy forged stuff. I gotta sell my blower before I do anything.

Sorry I did not understand correctly. As far as my opinion goes... Well it took me a while to figure it out. When I wentn to DR's it was a world of difference. Some good shock would help also. U could look into a se of lower control arms too. Maximum motor sports is a great company for suspention and traction. About 80% of the things I learned on suspention is all due to this site. Good luck.

Jason :nice:

i guess i will go with the drag radials,and some frame connectors.i really want those low 12.and if could do it with my stock ported heads ill be happy.another question is whats ur temperature read on an average day.i bought an aftermarket gauge and im running 190 195.is that normal temp.withj a 160 thermostat