3650 TSB and lower fluid level

Delacruz1776 said:

Raykrv6a...if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your KB charger (kit)? I wouldn't mind getting into those hight 300's. :D

Intercooled 9 PSI KB will run you about 5k with shipping. Very strong and you only hear it at WOT under 9 psi boost. I'm a power adder fan as you can get big block feel without doing anything but the blower kit. Don't need gears, cams all the other stuff and it makes more power.

• Sponsors (?)

cobra2798 said:
Thanks for clearing that up hotrodnut! im thinking of putting in the royal purple fluid. do u think it is worth it if the fluid i have in there now seems to be doin the job? Just wanted to try it cause ive heard so much good about it!

You're welcome.
If the fluid you have in your trans is doing the job I can't say that the Royal Purple would help. I have never heard anyone say anything against the Royal Purple and from that I'd say it's good stuff.
Of all the brands/types I've tried that is one that I have not tried so I can't say it is better or worse than the Motorcraft MERCON ATF #XT-2-QDX that I am currently using.

How about buy a meaner tranny or stop beating the one you got up. It's a stock GT setup meant for the 'avg driver' a.k.a. grandpa . I have 60k on my 03GT, had it rebuilt at about 50k, its ready to die again.
Except, the first time it died, I started losing the synchros/shift fork at once. So as it was only going into 3rd if I matched the rpm right, I simply LOST 3/4th all together. Thank goodness I have 3.73s because 1/2/5 in stock 3.29 form woulda sucked.

PS. Anyone know where to get solid/billet shift keys and replacement gears for the 3650? I'm gonna do it myself this time.

beaubie said:
How about buy a meaner tranny or stop beating the one you got up. It's a stock GT setup meant for the 'avg driver' a.k.a. grandpa . I have 60k on my 03GT, had it rebuilt at about 50k, its ready to die again.
Except, the first time it died, I started losing the synchros/shift fork at once. So as it was only going into 3rd if I matched the rpm right, I simply LOST 3/4th all together. Thank goodness I have 3.73s because 1/2/5 in stock 3.29 form woulda sucked.

PS. Anyone know where to get solid/billet shift keys and replacement gears for the 3650? I'm gonna do it myself this time.
Welcome to the board, if you can rebuild your own transmission then props to you mang :flag:

Wow old thread back to the top.

I gotta change my fluid soon. Just hit 32K and cold mornings it's a little notchy. Car also just went out of warranty.

Gonna install a firewall adjuster and royal purple.