5.0 vs 4.6

96-98 are the chitty 4.6's. I ran a 96GT from a roll and pulled him about a car. he hadfull exhaust, ud pulleys, cai, 3:73. from a dig it would have been worse cause of the 5.0 low end.

honestly, i think he will lose just for the fact that the that its and AOD. He loses 20% of hp/tq compared to the 15% that the 96 loses with the manual.

• Sponsors (?)

Euphoric306 said:
99+ i believe came with 245 hp (not sure on tq)

and a chip will do nothing for a fox's AOD as far as shifts and pressure goes... the computer and the transmission have no connection whatsoever

Ok you are probably right on that one, I was thinking an electronically controlled transmission such as my T-birds 4R70W, the E4OD and possibly even the AODE. Thats what I read about a chip when I had my T-Bird, I decided to sell the car and get the 5-spd Stang, but when I was planning to build it up I was going to go shift kit etc because of the info I read.

P.S 99+ was 260hp and 300tq (possibly 305tq, but I think its 300)

foxstang9050 said:
I have 3:55 sittin in my garage waitin to be installed... i wanna put in a converter and shift kit firs... any suggestions what i should get?? and some install help??

Oh and my chances are way higher than i thought.. he raced my friends 72 z28 auto and my friend burned him... like i said a kid with little 5 speed experience.. almost stalled the launch and the slowest shifting ive seen lol

As I recall a '72 Z28 is no slouch by any means, As such I'd almost expect it to win against a '96 GT. If its in good shape etc. I wouldn't use the '72 as a good comparo for your car, cuz he'd probably walk you too.

I'd say throw the 3.55's in and show him the "Cheese Graters" :flag: -- Nevermind, you drive an LX vert :doh: But show him the tails anyways :nice:

302rwtq in the 99+'s to be exact.

The 96-98 4.6L achieve peak torque (same amount) only 100rpm higher than a 5.0L.

The 96-98 will win with equal drivers.

The 98 gt's are faster than the 94/95 5.0L's.