5 lug guys- will these rims fit with MKVII rotors?

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. My friend's junk yard is going out of business, and I have the opportunity to snag a 5 lug/disc brake conversion for cheap. He doesn't have 94-95 spindles, though, and I won't be able to run the 96+ ones because of the wider track (my car's too low). I am going to have to use my stock front spindles with 5 lug rotors, and convert the rear to 5 lug disc. What I want to know, is will these rims fit on the MKVII 5 lug rotors? They are the 1996-1997 split spoke 17x9" 5 star rims. I know 97+ rims won't fit with the center caps because of the dust cap, but I think these came on the 96 GTs as well. If anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it, because I am going to need rims when I do the 5 lug and I like these alot. Here's an example of the rims.

• Sponsors (?)

If I were to run spindles form the 96+ cars, do you think I'll have problems? I have 1.5" lowering springs, and my wheels are already at the fender lip in height. My friend has the 94 spindles with FRPP C springs and the same size wheel, and he gets rubbing. I'm guessing the 96+ units are a no go. Anyway, the 95 GT rims look pretty nice, and like I said, are the same size as my ponies.

Well, I just went through that "World's largest fox body gallery" thread, and out of all those cars only 3 had the 94 GT rims. They looked ok, but I wasn't really drooling over them. I guess they'd work until I got the right front end pieces and got my dream wheels, the 99 GT 17s. Those are sweet.