Progress Thread 95 Sapphire Blue Supercharged 351 Build

I know exactly where that church and school are located, about a mile and half from my house. Its no big deal about the roller, my wife would kill me for having it sitting outside the house since I wouldnt have the funds to do anything with it for a while. If anything, it would tempt me to ruin a perfectly good 2011 to cram it all into that old girl, and I do not need that temptation.

• Sponsors (?)

I know exactly where that church and school are located, about a mile and half from my house. Its no big deal about the roller, my wife would kill me for having it sitting outside the house since I wouldnt have the funds to do anything with it for a while. If anything, it would tempt me to ruin a perfectly good 2011 to cram it all into that old girl, and I do not need that temptation.

No need for that temptation, I like the 11 body style.

Anyways, The guys name is Mike, very knowledgeable on mustangs, white house on the corner. lol go make a new friend

A neighbor introduced himself today while I was unloading the car, has a terminator he is doing a turbo swap on, very nice car.

Reactions: 1 user
Bringing this back from the dead...... After a year and a half i'm restarting the yellow sn95 build....... Finally... But with a few changes

1.) I sold the supercharger
2.) I bought a pony down turbo setup with a Precision 78 turbo
3.) gt40x heads and intake are gone, replacing them are frpp z302DA heads and trickflow track intake
4.) cam is gone and an Anderson B451 is replacing it
5.) Fuel system is removed and a on3 kit is in the garage.. 3 340 pumps, an10/8 lines, cobra tank, aeromotive rails
6.) 60lb injectors were tossed for Injector dynamics ID1050X
7.) E85

Have you actually started the build yet, or just gathered the parts?

Well I cheated, I have started the build but the car is not finished yet. It is in the body shop now, they are deleting the emblems, shaving the antennae, installing the cobra bumper and paint. I did not expect the amount of modification for the turbo or heads and really the most difficult part has been the modification required to the turbo setup. There are 2 issues, 1 i'm using highport heads and 2 the kit is for a 302. So to start out I had to buy a tig welder and teach myself how to tig and that has been the fun part. Bad part is mocking up tubes, turbo and brackets only to pull them back apart. And time, man that has become a commodity these days

Well I cheated, I have started the build but the car is not finished yet. It is in the body shop now, they are deleting the emblems, shaving the antennae, installing the cobra bumper and paint. I did not expect the amount of modification for the turbo or heads and really the most difficult part has been the modification required to the turbo setup. There are 2 issues, 1 i'm using highport heads and 2 the kit is for a 302. So to start out I had to buy a tig welder and teach myself how to tig and that has been the fun part. Bad part is mocking up tubes, turbo and brackets only to pull them back apart. And time, man that has become a commodity these days

I hear ya man. Sounds like you are way further along than I was assuming. Cant wait to see some pictures of this thing!

turbo piping.jpg

The turbo kit is in good condition but the added welds and bends are not the greatest plus I will have to modify all of the cold side past the
intercooler discharge

turbin.jpg

SO WORTH IT!

The heads are z304DA CNC chambers 210cc intake and 85cc exhaust. In this case, these heads were not a good choice for this build. The rocker
assembly is offset and expensive to set up, and the high port design makes for more modification to the hot side. What i do like is they are a more
"exotic" head, thick deck bee hive springs, inline valve design. The good part is I paid 1200 for the set so I'm not even half what they cost new. This particular head was run on a circle track car.

IMG_1864.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1863.JPG
    IMG_1863.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 144
IMG_1615.JPG

When I started the swap we had just moved so I was renting and owned a home. Parts and tools were between the two and as you can see, I didn't have alot of room. I won't bore with engine build pics. If you want to see those go to the beginning of the purple swap. I tore the engine down and found the wall honing gone on the thrust side and light wear on the piston skirt. My assumption is I was running to much methonal and washed the walls. Other than that everything was fine so I had the engine cleaned, rehoned, put it together and Installed the new heads and cam.

IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

I painted the engine bay the same as the purple one except I used a different truck bed liner. Autozone's version was simply plastidip and peeled over time, what a scam. I went to oreillys and bought whatever they had. It is a very durable finish. I wasn't to worried about overspray, body shop will clean up my mess.

All the wiring was removed and will be tucked away, A/C was scrapped and that sucks, I'm going to miss it!

20170524_184924.jpg

Fast foward a few months and to the current. We are squared away and moved. I finally have all of my parts, tools, and garage to finish the car. Plus a 30x40' slab was pored for a shop which should be up in the spring. I will post the rest tomorrow. I have had alot of fun with this even though it has taken a long time it was worth the wait and long hours

Reactions: 2 users