Advice needed

I’m new here. I own a ‘99 Mustang GT 4.6l v8 2valve and I plan on supercharging it with a vortech v3 plus some additional mods for better air and exhaust flow. I’ve read that the 4.6l Windsor can handle 400 rwhp and my question is; if I gotta rebuild the engine to handle the horsepower or not? Since it’s pushing the limit. TIA

• Sponsors (?)

It probably wouldn't hurt to at least freshen up the 21-year-old engine if you're gonna be adding that much power to it. How many miles are on it now? Might also be a good idea to beef up the internals so that they can handle the additional boost.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, not to be mean, but the gentleman I mentioned seems to be blowing these "rules" out of the water and has dyno sheets and proof to back it up. He's pretty well known for making big horsepower from unlikely combinations and has years of racing experience. I think I'll take his word over an widespread rumor.

Well, not to be mean, but the gentleman I mentioned seems to be blowing these "rules" out of the water and has dyno sheets and proof to back it up. He's pretty well known for making big horsepower from unlikely combinations and has years of racing experience. I think I'll take his word over an widespread rumor.
You do that. I've been messing these motors for over 20 years.......aaaaaand either you're full of :poo: or can't read very well

Sure you have. Like every other Internet expert you are the sole keeper of knowledge. Richard Holdner is well known in racing, you? Not so much and only packing 400 hp after 20 years, I can see why.
I dont get me wrong. Im sure this guy knows his stuff.......but knowing your :poo: about these motors is something else