Albany New York

Roached, that was a nice looking car today. What are the chances that we bumped into each other! I liked the look of the C springs. I think they just moved to the top of my list. We will have to get out one of these nights.

• Sponsors (?)

94gtny said:
Roached, that was a nice looking car today. What are the chances that we bumped into each other! I liked the look of the C springs. I think they just moved to the top of my list. We will have to get out one of these nights.
Thanks again. I had the chance to realy get a feel for the car Sunday at the autocross at FMCC. The guys at the local chapter of scca put on a great event. If you've never done it befor, you got to go and try it. They give a lot of good advice to new people, and they make you feel right at home instead of feeling stupid at times. I was able to shave 8 seconds from my worst time to my best. I ran in the ESP(street-preped due to the suspension and brake mods as well as having a modified emision system(no cats and aftermarket ignition)) class along with 6 other cars.I have not seen the final times yet, but I do believe i had the 2nd best time in the class!(When final results are up I will comfirm) Beat by a modified Infiniti G35 by .100 of a second. And there was even a modified Bullit. I do feel the back end can come down a little, felt a little lose at times, even though I pushed the front end quite a bit. Pictures didn't com out all that well, but check them out anyway.
pictures

Roached, thats awesome! I would love to give that a try. I have to get my shift kit installed still, and definitely the suspension done before I even think about competing. The shift kit is scheduled for next weekend.

What motor mods have you done? Did you find that suspension was the key to auto-crossing? That looks like so much fun!

Not sure how much of a difference the suspension made, because I never ran it before the upgrades. but on the street, its like day and night. as far as engine mods go, When I bought the car a little over a year ago, I was told it had a 180 temp t-stat, Jacobs 5.0 ignition, KN Filter, Coldair intake. Later I found out its a MAC Filter. The car was put together by the original owner. I'm 3rd. There has been some debate about the cam. the motor has been apart before, and it has a slightly lopey idle, and becomes a totaly different car above 3000 rpms. But I don't think its anything more then stock. Other people I have let drive it, think differently. The only things I've done to it are the flowmasters and o/r X-pipe as well as a larger Jacobbs Ultra coil and FRPP 9mm Plug wires and screwed around with timing and TPS alittle. The motor is starting to develop alittle bit of noise after it warms up, so untill i narrow it down to a cause, I'm going to concentrate more on handleing. Besides, look at gas prices! :bs: 2.25 is the cheapest I've found latly. Of course she only runs on 91 or better. Pings lik an SOB unless I tune the timing back. I took it to Boston Tuesday morning for a VW certification class and got 24 miles per gallon on the highway. not to bad I must say. My wifes v6 doesn't do that good!

I'm up for Saturday night if anyone wants.
Roached, I ordered the C springs today! $109 plus $20 shipping!
not a bad price at all! I'm sure you will enjoy them. I drop a total of 2 inches in the front and about 1-1/4 in the rear. I didn't reinstall the insulators in the front, which is why it went lower. Should have trimmed the rears 1/4 of a coil or so. maybe later in the year.
Hopefully headers are next for me after I sell a car or 2. Anyone want a nice little Mazda MX6? its good on Gas :D

90whitepony said:
Saturday does not sound too bad let me know.
Saturday will be tough for me, auto-cross Sunday morning in Glensfalls,and getting my house ready to go on the market July 1st. But let me know where you guys plan on meeting, and what time, and I'll do my best. I want to get a chance to check out everybodys rides one of these days. :D