Aluminum driveshaft goin up in price

dvsmike

Jan 2, 2003
Chicago il
I ordered my ford racing aluminum drive shaft today. I called laurel mountain mustang and brothers since summit is out of them and they both wanted $249. The guy at laurel said there is a price increase from ford and suggested I call around to see if someone had a driveshaft that was older stock because all current driveshafts that are being shipped out from ford have been increased in price. I called Jeg's and they have a bunch of em for $159 but they will goin up too once they sell current stock and there new batch comes in. Just thought I would post this just in case someone is thinking about buying one.

• Sponsors (?)

thank goodness for this post i just ordered one from summit as well and it also took the 159 price i hope it goes through

consider this a bump for others

i know that the price of scrap iron has jumped to $130 a ton recently the highest its ever been up fron about $15 a ton a year ago. but i didnt think it would affect aluminum quite like that. i know also that brake drums have sharply increased recently along with most all other iron parts.

Aluminum is going up in price too.
Here is the latest news from Alcoa, the number one producer of Aluminum.

"On Wednesday, Alcoa's stock dropped 5.1 percent despite the company's report a day before that its first-quarter net income more than doubled on higher aluminum prices and increased sales to car and plane makers.
Growing consumption of aluminum, used in everything from cars to construction to cans, and increased building in China have given Alcoa and other aluminum players a boost. But some on Wall Street expected a greater benefit to Alcoa's earnings."

So purchase your driveshaft now.

I would assume beer and soda going up in price too, due to the cost of canning.

Explorers have aluminum D/S's,too. Not too sure on the length differences,but they will bolt right up to the 8.8,and the yoke should be the same,as well. Ordered my D/S from Jeg's yesterday :D Thanks for the heads up!

I think its all metals

I was told that china is buying the crap out of steel and aluminum to put up some structures for the sites of the next olympics they are having there.

I am an electrician by trade, and I can tell you the the steel rigid conduit we use took a significant jump as well as the emt.

We also just got in a crapload of thhn copper wire because even the price of copper has surged. I'm in no hurry to rush a order for a ds though, I will just buy used. There is usually a handful for sale on here as well as ebaymotors.com

just tryin to give ya a little info.