Am I loosing my F...ing mind

mustang90

Founding Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'm ready to buy a 94 mustang gt with extensive work for 13,000! Car has 145,000 original miles but has been restored by the owner who owns a mustang shop and has $30,000 in parts not including labor. Here are some mods:

Exterior:

* Grabber Blue Paint w/ Silver stripes and Flames
* Saleen Body kit
* 4" Cobra R hood w/ Redline hood Struts
* 17" Chrome Bullets 9/10.5
* Mickey Thompson 315/35 rears
* Cobra Emblem package
* Smoked Headlights and parking Lights

Interior:

* Black Italian Leather seats
* Rear Seat Delete Kit
* Cobra Floor mats
* Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
* Autometer Lunar gauges (Trans Temp, Oil Press.,5" Tach, Air/Fuel Ratio, and boost)

Performance:

* DSS Bullet Long Block(ARP STUDDED), DSS forged pistons,DSS forged push rods, Eagle crank, DSS 1.6 roller rockers, Lunati 61012(.571/.587 lift), Ford Racing double timing chain, Canton 7 quart oil pan, Canton main girdle, Canton Windage tray, Ford racing oil pump shaft
* AFR 185 Heads w/ 2.02 valves(ARP STUDS)
* Romac 28 oz. Harmonic Balancer
* Holcombs Civile Wars Upper Intake( one bad MF!!)
* Typhoon Lower with a $500 port and polish job!!
* 24 lbs. injectors w/ 80 mm mass air
* Holley 255lph in tank fuel pump
* In-line Fuel pressure regulator and Pressure gauge(Autometer)
* BBK Long tubes
* Pypes X-Pipe
* Flowmasters w/ turn downs
* Professional Products Polished Throttle body and Adaptor
* Mac Cold Air Intake
* Afco Racing Radiator
* Msd Distributor cap and Rotor button
* MSD 6 AL Ignition box
* Taylor Plug Wires
* Crank Case evacuation system
* EdelBrock Valve Covers
* Built T-5 Tranny w/ 28 oz. flywheel and Steeda Tri-Ax
* 3.73 gears w/Royal Purple Gear oil
* BBK Lower control Arms
* Granatelli double Adjustable upper control arms
* Optima Red Top w/ Taylor Battery Box and Kill Switch
* Air Lift Air Bag in right rear
* Sub Frame Connectors
* Driveshaft loop
* Adjustable clutch quandrant and fire wall adjuster
* Eibach Sportline Springs
* KYB Adjustable shocks
* Chrome Water Neck w/ 180 deg. thermostat

He will be adding S281 spoiler, chrome tail pipes, reinstalling the a/c, installing a nitrous cold fusion kit and it will be best of show. Is this a good deal or will I loose my a$$ when I go to sell it a year or so down the road?

Attachments

• stang.JPG
    stang.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Sponsors (?)

It's all up to what YOU want.

Me personally, I think it's a rather ugly Mustang....and I don't like to spend money on someone else's car. To me it is always better to buy a closer to stock car and build it the way you want it. When it comes to a car that already has an engine swap, I would rather go ahead and find a 3.8 Mustang and do everything myself. The price of the car itself would be cheap enough to allow me to build it however I desire....when you start looking at the going prices of cars with the work already done.

So really the question is, do you like that car as it sits now...so you won't want to change anything? Or would you be changing it anyway? Or better yet, could YOU build a similar car the way YOU want for $14k? I know I could, so to me it would be a waste of money to buy something that someone else built.

But again, that's just me. It's your money and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Well, I'd have to see a dyno sheet of that.

Those 24's most DEFINITELY aren't making that kind of power.

I agree. I'm not saying a 331 can't make that much power but a 347 with 9.5 comp. 60cc heads 2.02 intake and 1.6 rockers just about pushed 415hp at a local dyno test and tune last year with 24's he needed to move to 30's to get a better tune and the hp he wanted or it was recommened never seen the car again, but that was a 347 stroker.

I'm going to go with "out of your mind".

The only things of any real value in that mod list is the afr heads and the canton pan setup, they are the only parts i'd use on my own car.
The rest of the parts are all mediocre, including the DSS shortblock.

For that much money you could get a better peforming and better looking car.
A real 94/95 saleen s351 can be had for high 20's and sometimes even low to mid 20's, you could use your 13 grand as a downpayment and buy a better looking car that will keep its value.

I don't see an actual power adder in the current mod setup, 24's are probably slightly undersized depending on the actual power output without the nitrous, but if the car only puts down like 340rwhp or so, 24's would do it.

Me personally i wouldn't buy that car for myself at any price.

And i'm curious on the definition of a "built T5", i'd think if it was a gforce he'd say that, so more than likely it's just a rebuilt t5, just waiting for you to break it.

I like the car overall except for the stripe...it's definitely over priced but you also save time and effort in doing the work yourself so worth is all in how you look at it. Personally i would rather have a $1000 fox roller and put $12k into it myself, but i enjoy the work as much as i enjoy the drive so that's just me.