Am i the only one who daily drives the fox?

BigHairyMonkey

Founding Member
Jun 18, 2003
Houston (Bellaire) TX
I read over the threads and get the idea that most people have like 2-3 cars and the stang is just a weekend cruiser. How many of you guys actually take the car out everyday to work, school, etc. Im unfortunate enough to barely afford one car, so she goes everywhere i go:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

my 93 is daily driven as long as its not winter.

its winter--im cruisin in the girlfriend's sunfire with a million beads hangin from the rearview mirror and kiss lip things on the windows and side mirrors. im so cool :(

but thank god for her or i'd be walking or stuck

i drive my 88 every day(when its running) and its a carb converted, stripped interior, caged, stiff suspension+slammed, loud as hell, no a/c, 12-15mpg and basically considered by most as not a street car, and i proudly drive it every day and call it a street car. its all i can afford as well, but i am fortunate enough to have a dad who recently got a "spare" 89 honda he lets me drive when its down.

I daily drive the coupe 90 with i think around 197k maybe more on it... I have a real bad tranny leak and my exhaust hangs really low... But i still daily drive! IMO Daily driving a fox is badass! :)

Canadian DD here! had 2 cars until about 1 yr ago. been the first time she's seen snow! only 130k km still. gets pretty wild in 10" of the fresh stuff, but its not an option anymore! i hoped all winter i'd get in a mild fender bender (not caused by me!) and get some new paint and hood etc for cheap, but no luck!

I do not drive my current GT because of the salt and snow, but when I was in high school and college I was forced to drive my 90 LX notch everywhere i went. I had a badass set of studded snow tires and i filled the trunk with about 300lbs of sand bags. LOL

I miss that car...

I have found that it is way more fun when you only drive your car a few times a week, you really appreciate the sounds and power.....on the other hand I love hopping in my truck and going up in the woods camping, plus it quiet and i can think while i drive.

Untill recently, mine was a DD. It had 16,000 on it when I got it in 2005. I put close to 20k in the 1st year and a half. I have been fortunate enough to wheel and deal on some vehicles to get my 96 Explorer with 130k for basically free, well come out spenging a couple hundred. Just bought some then sold them for more money untill I arranged this one. So now I have the benifit of driving on sunny days and keeping the Stang in the garage when it nasty out.

I daily drove mine until last summer (2 and a half years) as it sits now.

I was fortunate enough to get a deal on a 98 Gt and now daily drive it. I don't drive the fox much anymore nor do anything to it.