Anyone interested in an HID group purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DerekStangGT said:
Matt, i hope you still read this thread. my email/internet has been down for the past few days and so i couldnt email you. i wanted to know if i could change my purchse to just the HID's w/o the fogs like i had ordered. that accounts for my extra $20. please PM if you can

I emailed him and let him know about your situation. He said it would be fine and that you don't owe any more money.

• Sponsors (?)

HID update:

Here's the most recent email from Matt....woot:

"Just to let you know, the HID order was placed today and they should be in by the end of next week. After which, each member's HIDs will be shipped via FedEx Ground Delivery with tracking information. Each individual member who purchased their HIDs will get a tracking number emailed to them along with a "shipped" order status. I am hoping to have all of the HIDs shipped out by next Friday. If anyone has any questions, they can email me at: [email protected] Thanks again!

Matt"

I'm anxious to get them installed.

san~man said:
Here's the most recent email from Matt....woot:

"Just to let you know, the HID order was placed today and they should be in by the end of next week. After which, each member's HIDs will be shipped via FedEx Ground Delivery with tracking information. Each individual member who purchased their HIDs will get a tracking number emailed to them along with a "shipped" order status. I am hoping to have all of the HIDs shipped out by next Friday. If anyone has any questions, they can email me at: [email protected] Thanks again!

Matt"

I'm anxious to get them installed.
sweeeeeeeeet

Stang|ess said:
hey sanford, are you gonna make the bezel and shroud yourself? I emailed the guy from hidplanet and he stopped emailing me back.

Nope, not yet at least. My computer took a crap, so I had to spend some scrilla buying a new one....1500 scrill to be exact :eek:
After I pay that off, I have to re-do my rear brakes. The Bullit upgrade is gonna cost 440 shipped, then I have to get it installed too. I still want to install the torque arm, so the kit we're getting will have to do for a while.

Have you priced the parts for the retro lately? No small peanuts, that's for sure. :bang:

I was actually hoping that the guy would do my retrofit, and after he stopped responding I have no clue.

there's a place in town that will do the retrofit for like $2-300. I can't recall, but I may have to take that route.

Stang|ess said:
I was actually hoping that the guy would do my retrofit, and after he stopped responding I have no clue.

there's a place in town that will do the retrofit for like $2-300. I can't recall, but I may have to take that route.

Wow, seems like a lot. Let me know who it is if you remember.

If so though, what are you going to do with this kit?

whoops, stupid sidekick.

anyways, I got to ask my friend on the name of the place. hmm or you could hold off on the other stuff, and build your own retrofit kit, +1 more for me :).

Latest from Matt....

"Hi Sanford,

Just wanted to give you an update on the HIDs. The manufacturer has got everything packaged and they are arriving via UPS Ground. They should be here by next Wenesday. They were a little behind on orders and they did not send them out until today. Everyone should still have them by next Friday. Sorry for the week delay, I didnt expect the manufacturer to take this long to send them out. If you could relay this to the other members in the group purchase, that would be great. Thank you!

Matt"

Stang|ess said:
Never heard of them either, but my friend deals with them. He's a distributer for Rons so he knows them, but hasn't seen their work personally.

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75144

I think I'm going to attempt it myself. My friend might have a set of headlights I can use while I do this, and hopefully I don't **** up.

That guy did nice work, but that space you can see on the side view needs to be taken care of. Makes his whole project look like a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.