Anyone with a Satellite radio in their Fox?

HaynStang

Dec 16, 2006
Portland
What service & reciever do you have, and how do you like it? Post pics if you've done a clean install.

I'm not sure which service I wanna go with yet, but I'm thinking I could install the receiver on the 'shelf' part of the dash and hopefully have it look pretty decent. I figure the top part of the rear hatch where it meets the roof would be the best spot for the antenna?

I realize we have a stereo forum, but it's mostly guys with '94+ cars in there... I'm hoping to get some installation ideas that would apply specifically to my foxbody, so I thought I'd try in here first, if the mods don't mind. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I have an XM set-up for the car, but I never installed it.

It is just collecting dust...:bang:

My friend has one in his '98 Gt, and he has the wires running along his a-pillar and headliner if I recall. No pictures though, but it looks pretty clean.

I am curious to see some pictures in a foxbody as well.

i don't have XM in the stang, but it is in my focus. In my '01 F150, I put the antenna under the plastic wiper cowl cover and reception was great. Out of curiosity, and not wanting to display to the world that I had it in the focus, I installed the antenna in the car under the cover that hides my sunroof motor. It is stuck to the roof of the car from underneath and get's awesome reception.

In the stang, I would definitely try hiding it in the wiper cowl before throwing it on the roof anywhere.

i pick up some channels that my parents trucks dont pick up...

must be the f-150 radio :rlaugh:

naw.. i got an aftermarket radio.. i have no idea what it is called but its so bad that my friends are gonna buy me a new one for christmas.

when playing cds it skips around the cd to play random songs. You control the volume with up and down buttons.. none of which have any glow to them. and i randomly lose stations within blocks.

not to mention only 3 speakers work..